Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Booking Polycom HDX via TMS

t.svatek
Participant
Participant

Hi,

I´ve registrated a Polycom HDX-Endpoint via SIP on VCS and added it to TMS successfully. If i want to book the endpoint via TMS or TMSXE, I get an error, that there is no route beetween the Polycom and Cisco Endpoint.

I´ve seen, that TMS doesn´t get the SIP-URI or H.323-ID from Polycom. I prefer to use the SIP-URI, because the Polycom Endpoint uses H.323 already for a VBP Registration.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tino

15 REPLIES 15

Garvan Long
Beginner
Beginner

TMS and TMSXE is going to give you the same result. I've seen a probelm in the past where TMS partially adds the HDX but you can't schedule calls to the device. ( TMS knows its there bit has no details about the system)

Have you tested what happens if you add the HDX as a room  with the configred URI instead of adding it as managed system?

If the HDX is on a TMS supported version of software an using room works then you should open a TAC case for TMS

Hi Garvan

to use the room type, you´ll need this:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3674880#3674880

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Tino

What version of TMS and HDX you have?

Thanks

Rafal

Hi Rafal

HDX 8000 HD Version 3.0.3.1 and TMS 13.2.

TMS supports only H.323 incoming scheduling with Polycom, but i would need SIP outgoing.

I was told, that this will get solved in TMS 14.1.

Generally, it would be helpful to be able to set all Scheduling Options on any third Party Endpoint or ´room´ type.

Thank

Tino

I am running TMS 14.1.1 and just added my HDX running version 3.0.3 and all i get is allow booking and allow remote booking.  nothing about incoming/outoging H323/IP/SIP calls at all.  to make matters worse we have the TIP license installed and so its reg to CUCM as 3rd party SIP endpoint.  i need ability to tell the HDX to place SIP calls only.