cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bookings List

Chad Reynoldson
Level 1
Level 1

My customer uses Exchange to schedule rooms and tells me that the SX80 end-point can prompt the user to connect to the scheduled booking.

1) How do I mimic this functionality on an AMX system using the API (i.e. put up the booking prompt on a touch panel at the scheduled time)?

2) How do I allow the user to "Connect" to that booking being prompted?

Thanks in advance,

Chad

4 Replies 4

sunr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Chad

Please refer the answers inline.

1) How do I mimic this functionality on an AMX system using the API (i.e. put up the booking prompt on a touch panel at the scheduled time)?

ans: I am afraid this is not possible. Since the endpoint/system should be managed by TMS . In first place you cannot schedule the systems if it is not managed by TMS. TMS pushes OBTP meeting invite only  to those managed endpoints.

2) How do I allow the user to "Connect" to that booking being prompted?

In General when OBTP is received and the user clicks the invite , it directs the endpoint to dial the meeting number created for the conference.

Sunr, thanks for the reply.  I'd like to follow up...

1) I do not want to create a booking from the AMX panel.  I just want to display a prompt for the next scheduled booking (with a JOIN button).  I was hoping to use the xFeedback Register /Event/Bookings but I have not been able to have that generate any messages.

2) In order to JOIN, it looks like I just do a DIAL command on the first number entry in the bookings list (*r Bookings Booking 2 DialInfo Calls Call 1 Number: "SomeNumber").  I am hoping that the bookings event (above) would provide me that same Number: "" to dial with the JOIN.

Thanks for the help,

Chad

Chad

The point is how are you scheduling the booking of the AMX panel from TMS. Probably i dont get what you refer by AMX panel. Is there a endpoint managed by TMS that uses AMX panel.

if so what is that endpoint ?

Regards

Sundar

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You're best way would be getting your AMX to integrate with TMS through the Booking API rather than talking to the endpoint itself (for the first part of your first question).  You can then use the information retrieved by the API to present a button on your AMX at the right time which would dial the connection number presented by the API as your implementation of the second part.

This is how it is recommended to be done on Crestron equipment, so the AMX stuff should be the same - see https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-47885

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: