cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcasting an IPVC over IPTV

dwalsh
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to broadcast an IPVC via IPTV? I seem to recall from this forum that it could be done via h.261, but I can't seem to find how.

Has anyone done this? Will it work?

Thanks,

Dave

6 Replies 6

b.harrison
Level 1
Level 1

With the new People+Content from Polycom they claim that their new cameras can stream to Cisco IP/Tv I have yet to try it out though.

aglowack
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are a couple ways to do this:

1. you can take the video output from a client and attach it directly to the encoder in an IP/TV server.

2. You can use a third party product such as starback to join the conference and serve the VC session up as a broadcast stream.

sachon
Level 1
Level 1

Certain H.323 vendors have enabled this feature - most specifically Tandberg and VCON. Both support SDP multicast advertisements that either the IPTV content manager or viewer can receive. H.261 is a codec that IPTV viewers can decode. This content can either be archived to an IPTV server or viewed live.

Yes, but how? Can you provide details or point to some directions on the Cisco site?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Basically, you stream from the Polycom FX/4000 as an RTP broadcast. (It streams the mixed audio and the video of the dominant speaker.) Define it as a Server in the CM. Create a Live program on a Channel matching the UDP parameters of the RTP traffic (hint, H.261/pcm). View the stream on the IPTV viewer or Record to an Archive/Broadcast Server.

Enjoy,

John

I have also streamed a Tandberg T1000 thru the IPTV using the same method described above.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: