cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcasting WMV files with IP/TV

Ben.Levin
Level 1
Level 1

I have two IP/TV broadcast servers running 3.5.0.23, and I would like to create on demand programs using WMV files created using Windows Media Encoder. However, I have been unable to do this so far, either by keeping them in WMV format, or by trying to convert them to MPEG1 or MPEG4. Is there a way to do this? I am definitely willing to upgrade to a newer version of IPTV server if necessary. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

I guess this should be possible with a WMT server. You could try installing one.

dennisblake
Level 1
Level 1

Ben.. I've had successful converting the .wmv files to mpeg1 and using mpeg audio. I've used the Canopus Procoder express for $39 to convert the files. I am running 3425a broadcast server and 3432 archive server. I am also using the files OnDemand and as a schedule program on both servers. I hope this helps.

ravi_mishra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ben

As of now, you can't make VoD of WMV files,but it can be possible with .asf files. If you install WMT server on IP/TV server, IP/TV server can interoperate with WMT server by checking the option in CM.So when you create on demand programs you can see the WMT option infront of available onDemand servers. You only need to install the WMT server on IP/TV server, it can't be different PC as CM won't recognise the WMT server services. This is only workaround not the standard solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: