Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk change "Proxy 1 address" via TMS for 200+ units of varying type

Hi,

I have a VC estate of around 200 endpoints (DX, SX, Room, Desk...) which I need to change the Proxy address for.

Is there a way to do this for all units easily?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

tomas_vll
Level 1
Level 1

There is a simple way of doing this, and it is to create a configuration template in TMS, and apply it to all the systems

The way I did do it,when we migrated our park is to take a excel export from TMS (system overview). Then in postman create a xml payload for sip proxy (and h.323 gatekeeper since we use both). And the bulk apply the payload with the adresses from TMS. 

Going the xml payload road is the choise when you need to do some more processing ( we needed to transform the domain part of the systems uri adress at the same time).

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As @tomas_vll said, the TMS Configuration Templates are the best way to do this.

See pages 27-30 of the TMS Admin Guide for details on how to configure and apply these.

For Cisco TelePresence CE Endpoints, the "SIP Proxy 1 Address" and "SIP Proxy 1 Discovery" settings are two that can be specified easily.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: