Views
Helpful
Replies

c 60 with CUCM 7.1.5

Yasir Vistro
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

i have C 60 with software version 5.1.4  and CUCM  7.1.5 .  i like to register it as 3rd party SIP device (advance and basic) . but unable to register it . kindly help.  kindly share the Document .  thanks             

Yasir Vistro        

Yasir Vistro
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Yasir

Can you upgrade yours CUCM to 8.6? That would be the easiest solution as after you can add C60 as native sip device.

Thanks

Rafal

View solution in original post

Hi Yasir,

You can get the document on the following link :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-26382

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Yasir

Can you upgrade yours CUCM to 8.6? That would be the easiest solution as after you can add C60 as native sip device.

Thanks

Rafal

Rafal

customer don't want to upgrade .   kindly provide  the solution  for the Current scenerio. thanks

Yasir Vistro

Yasir Vistro

HI Yasir,

as Rafal already mentioned and as it\s also clearly stated in the TC5.1.4 rekease notes :

"

From TC5.0.0 the C/EX/MX-Series supports provisioning and basic call functionality with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) version 8.6 and above

"

Unless the customer it's not willing to perform this CUCM upgrade they will have to consider a redesign of the current setup and bring into the picture a VCS device that can bridge the gap between C series devices and CUCM 7.1.5

Regards

Hi Yasir,

check out this thread.

it should help you to configure the c-series as third party.

Also if you search the forum for such type of issues you will find lots of posts.

Thnx

Alok

Hi Yasir,

You can get the document on the following link :

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi, Mubashshir.

We are using End User from LDAP, and I can't register C60 on CUCM. Is it possible register C60 with LDAP End User?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Andrei,

What is the CUCM version? in the CUCM once you enable the LDAP search the local user option get disabled.

As CUCM doesn't sync the passwords for AD users. I believe for the digest user authentication  you need to manually set the password for the digest user in CUCM.

I have to test this in the lab to make sure with newer CUCM version.

One more thing did you configured CUCM  to verify the end user passwords with the LDAP?

Rgds,

Alok

Hi, Alok.

Thank you for your answer.
CUCM version is 7.1.5.32900, C60 version is TC5.1.4.295090. I've tried to change Digest Credentials for my C60 end user (vcs-c60) in CUCM EndUserConfiguration. Unfortunately, with no positive result. For information, LifeSize Desktop has registered on CUCM with this username and without password, C60 can't.
Yes, Use LDAP Authentication for End Users has been selected.
Andrei Atamanenko from IPad.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Yasir Vistro
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks  all 

Appreciate your support 

Yasir Vistro

Yasir Vistro
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: