cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C-90 S-video out, show "Equal" mode?

jamesmh01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a legacy setup in a room I'm using a C-90 unit in which requires me to hook the unit into a S-Video cable to connect to a projector (yes, I know this is sad). One thing I've noticed is that when this is done only one participant in a multi-connection call can be seen no matter what mode I set the system to (i.e. "Equal" mode where all participants are shown in equal size boxes at once). If I connect a second monitor using DVI out and set it to mirror the first it shows the proper mode, but the s-video won't.

Is this some limitation of the C-90? As in the C-90 won't downscale the output on the S-Video port to show this mode?

2 Replies 2

Dharmesh Nandoria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi James.

I have seen this beheviour  with C 60 codec long back  , For composite output codec can send only one video streame.

If you enable self view then you will not get any far end video.

CSCtr32389.

Kind regards,

Dharmmesh

Detail for bug an possible output detail

CSCtr32389

Summary

The composite output will display black frames when  displaying more then two windows. It will set up the black borders but  you will not see any video.

Condition

Using the composite or Y/C output.

Workaround

Upgrade  to TC5. TC5 will have a new single frame layout used for composite  outputs on C90 and C60. Remote view and Presentation view will be in  full screen, Selfview in PIP with black background. Wallpaper used when  no Remote and no Selfview. So the new functionality of this output is:

Selfview: If selfview is selected it will be shown in a PIP with a black frame around it.

Presentation: If dual steam is enabled the output will only display the presentation.

FarEnd: If SelfView is turned off and no presentation is present, you will see the far end.

MultiSite: In a MultiSite you will see the far end as voice switched if no presentation or selfview is active.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: