Views
Helpful
Replies

C series codec software reload

david.sharp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have noticed with the C series codec that Cisco provide that recently there appears to be problems with the firmware image becoming corrupted which is causing several problems.

we have a specific codec that has entered this state now, a C20, the codec is unstable to a point where we do not have enough time in the actual application itself to perform a firmware upgrade in an attempt to load a fresh copy of the firmware onto the unit. the system crashes and reboots.

we have been able to boot into the u-boot menu which I believe we should be able to gain access to the root interface, or the tshell.

I am also aware that it is possible to perform a firmware reload using a TFTP server in order to reload the firmware.

my question is, can I have the instructions on how to perform this firmware reload sent across please.

the specific problem I have is that I have a codec which is not under a support contract at the moment, so an RMA is not possible and the firmware appears to have become corrupt on the unit, if we are able to boot into the u-boot prompt or the root interface the codec appears stable, so I ideally would like to attempt a completely fresh application firmware recovery.

Cheers

Dave

Think with Portals       

Think with Portals
1 Reply 1

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee