Views
Helpful
Replies

C series codec software reload

david.sharp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have noticed with the C series codec that Cisco provide that recently there appears to be problems with the firmware image becoming corrupted which is causing several problems.

we have a specific codec that has entered this state now, a C20, the codec is unstable to a point where we do not have enough time in the actual application itself to perform a firmware upgrade in an attempt to load a fresh copy of the firmware onto the unit. the system crashes and reboots.

we have been able to boot into the u-boot menu which I believe we should be able to gain access to the root interface, or the tshell.

I am also aware that it is possible to perform a firmware reload using a TFTP server in order to reload the firmware.

my question is, can I have the instructions on how to perform this firmware reload sent across please.

the specific problem I have is that I have a codec which is not under a support contract at the moment, so an RMA is not possible and the firmware appears to have become corrupt on the unit, if we are able to boot into the u-boot prompt or the root interface the codec appears stable, so I ideally would like to attempt a completely fresh application firmware recovery.

Cheers

Dave

Think with Portals       

Think with Portals
1 Reply 1

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: