Views
Helpful
Replies

C-series h.264 streaming ~ broadcast confidence monitor

TomBrittingham
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all ~

has anyone simply viewed the h.264 stream with some type of software based decoder / codec - and if so

what was the path / url to view it... ? any comments will be appreciated !

I've built a custom java application for a broadcast studio handling call & cam control with on-screen diagnostics etc...

- they use alot of Sony's but now are bringing in Cisco C-series

The application as it stands now grabs the camera snapshot.jpg of camera on the far end and displays it on user interface in a little

.jpg viewer with ptz / call controls... just to let operators know video is happy...

well - now with the C-series I dont get to do that, since TC5 and above... well - within budget anyways...

to get the C-series snapshot I have two options - build a Base_64.json decoder which would emulate

how the web interface on the C-40 displays the snapshot now ( very costly ) - or grab it via SCP out of root/tmp/snapshots folder...

the issue here is I have to copy it from the codec and put it on a server - which would not be so bad, but the overall design

allows for alot of codec's... so - ideally - in 3 three years I could have 40+ codecs to copy / paste that .jpeg

from to the server, constantly over-writing the file etc... not pretty...

so - my only last hope is to grab an h.264 stream ( I only need to get the video when in a call anyways / h.323 only )

but I dont know enough about h.264  to know if it's even possible...

I'm suspecting I'm not going to get my way on this...

thanks in advance for your time !!

Tom Brittingham

Progicon Systems

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the C-Series have TC6 or greater software, you can get the snapshots the following addresses, one for local camera video and the other for incoming remote video.  Note, web snapshots will have to be enabled on the codec for snapshots to work, of course.

/web/api/snapshot/get?SourceType=localMain

/web/api/snapshot/get?SourceType=remoteMain

I found that get_b64 line... still looking for a b_64.json decoder - do you know of a simple .json decoder ?

the url returns .json data ~ not a jpg....

thanks Patrick !!

Sorry, it sould just be /get? , typo.

EDIT: Updated prior post to show the correct url.

Oh - that sure changes things then !

I'll try it out ~ I appreciate your help !!

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: