cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C series TC60 software issues

Russell Haney
Level 1
Level 1

I just upgraded a C40 codec to the TC6.0.0 software and now I can't get my self-view camera image on the right screen of a dual video setup. It was there before. I do see the PC image if I push Presentation. before a call and during a call I only get a black screen for the camera self-view. But I can get a PIP on the left screen of the camera image. I have reinstalled the upgrade software twice and still no image.                  

25 Replies 25

afadeyev1
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded all my systems to TC6.0. It looks like there is no option to display self-view as equal participant (screen 1 - remote party, screen 2  - selfview).

Nothing in the release notes - it's just not there anymore. Can somebody coment on this?

vivsing2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Russell,

I was going through release note and it seems that there are few features added related to layout, I am not sure whether that will affect exisiting Layout setting, can you check whether on C40 you have Local layout set as Auto, if it is Auto can you try changing it to Equal and let me know whether it make any changes.

Regards,

Vivek

Vivek,

I tried that and every other combination and still no self view in a dual video setup. Have you tried it yet to see if it works for you?

I wish I could talk directly to Cisco on this but it is insanely impossible. I work out of Korea for the US military and this system I installed is in Japan. So when I had a problem I called Cisco and they refused to help because my Cisco ID was not associated with this system. They said I had to get the customer to call and vouch for me to work on the problem. The customer called and they refused to let him vouch for me because they didn't have a Cisco ID. So after three days of trying to get help I had to leave and decided to see if the problem could be solved on this blog. Evidently Cisco doesn't monitor this blog either.

This is not limited to few systems. I have around 40xC-series endpoints and all of them acting the same.

As of now I just want to know if it was intentional or it's a bug.

About to start downgrading all of them back to 5.xx

I have 21 some C-Series that are all affected, and have already downgraded them all as per the workaround that was told to me when I opened my case with Cisco.

I wish it was as simple as downgrading. But this customer needs to use the ISDN connection which is why we had to buy the ISDN Link. Prior to the TC6 upgrade you had to use a ridiculously long string of characters and numbers to dial out. This made it almost impossible for the customer to use the system effectively. So the TC6 upgrade fixed that problem and now seems to have created a new one. But we decided to live with the loss of selfview and keep the new simple dialing scheme and hope that Cisco would fix the selfview quickly.

I had the same issue as we utilize dual displays in all of our video conference rooms and we couldn't get selfview to go to the 2nd display.  I opened a TAC case and they created BUG ID: CSCue74341.

So, the downgrade goes ok? No problem with the camera firmware?

We didn't have a camera upgrade, as all of our cameras are of the 12x models.  According to the TC6 release notes, the only new camera software that was introduced is for the 1080p 4xS2 cameras.

Interesting. Mine are 12x, but did have an upgrade.

One thing you could check is the console log, as it should output and display the details of the codec and camera software upgrade.  Depending on how long ago, and if a restart was performed between then and now, it might tell you the previous version of camera firmware.  I can't confirm this, so I could be wrong.

I know mine didn't upgrade, because I have a few extra cameras that I have around and everytime there is a codec/camera update, I plug them into a codec in my office so it can upgrade.  After I upgraded the codec in my office I plugged in a camera and it didn't upgrade, I checked both cameras and they were running the same firmware version.  I upgraded from TC5.6 to TC6.

What was the last C-Series software you were running on the codec?

A dowgrade of codec software does not imply a downgrade of camera software.

When codec is booted after a downgrade, the camera software bundled with it will have a certain revision. The codec checks the camera using VISCA protocol. If it finds camera software is at a later revision than the package present on the codec, the camera software remains unchanged.

Downgraded few of the systems overnight - all works fine so far. I really hope Cisco will fix the selfview issue in the next release.

Russell Haney
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if this has been fixed or what Cisco is saying about it?