cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C20 and CUCM 8.5

stackover
Level 1
Level 1

I have found documentation about how to register my C20 into CUCM 8.6 but nothing about CUCM 8.5.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc5/administration_guide/administering_endpoints_running_tc5_on_cucm8-6.pdf

I am wondering if it is possible with this version 8.5 or I will need to upgrade to at least 8.6 version. Is it possible? My system version: 8.5.1.11900-21

If yes, can someone point me to the right direction?

Thank you

Andre Lima

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrew,

in case you want to register C20 as native device to CUCM, then you need to have CUCM on 8.6.1 or later with software version on C20 TC 5 or later.

you will be able to register C20 as third party SIP device on CUCM 8.5

In case you are registering C40 to CUCM as third party device, you need to create a digest user for authentication purpose

Select phone type as Third Party SIP device ( Advanced).

configuration need to done on C40

1.      Configurations -> Advanced Configurations -> SIP

2.      Configure the SIP URI as  DirectoryNumber@IPAddressOfCUCM

3.    Select the Default Transport as TCP

4.      Select the Type as Standard

5.      Configure the CUCM IP address in the SIP proxy address

6.      Configure the authentication details with the Username and Digest credentials configured in CUCM

View solution in original post

Hi Andre,

We can register C20 as a third party SIP device with the CUCM 8.5 also but that is officially not supported.

This is the link to download the document that will help you in registering the C20's as a third party SIP device:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?s96sj3y0dar0azm

I would recommend you to upgrade the CUCM to 8.6.2 so that we can get C20 registered natively.

Thanks,

Prashant

Yes, you can register C20 on TC 6 as third party device ( advanced ) on CUCM 8.5

Hi Andre,

try adding H323: infront of your number when trying to call external VCs

9 Replies 9

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Andre,

Yes, you are right Andre. Cisco recommends atleast CUCM 8.6 for having Cisco C/EX series devices to be registered with CUCM.

So, I would recommend to pls upgrade to 8.6

Thanks,

Saurabh

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrew,

in case you want to register C20 as native device to CUCM, then you need to have CUCM on 8.6.1 or later with software version on C20 TC 5 or later.

you will be able to register C20 as third party SIP device on CUCM 8.5

In case you are registering C40 to CUCM as third party device, you need to create a digest user for authentication purpose

Select phone type as Third Party SIP device ( Advanced).

configuration need to done on C40

1.      Configurations -> Advanced Configurations -> SIP

2.      Configure the SIP URI as  DirectoryNumber@IPAddressOfCUCM

3.    Select the Default Transport as TCP

4.      Select the Type as Standard

5.      Configure the CUCM IP address in the SIP proxy address

6.      Configure the authentication details with the Username and Digest credentials configured in CUCM

stackover
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Amit.

I have already updated my C20 to TC6.

To regiter my C20, I ll select as Thrid Party SIP device (simple)?

Hi Andre,

We can register C20 as a third party SIP device with the CUCM 8.5 also but that is officially not supported.

This is the link to download the document that will help you in registering the C20's as a third party SIP device:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?s96sj3y0dar0azm

I would recommend you to upgrade the CUCM to 8.6.2 so that we can get C20 registered natively.

Thanks,

Prashant

Yes, you can register C20 on TC 6 as third party device ( advanced ) on CUCM 8.5

stackover
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you guys.

I have registered my C20 to CUCM. Now I got another problem.

I can make calls from extension to extension (internal) but I have to set the default protocol as SIP in C20. When I did this I cant call external VCs anymore. If I change back default protocol to H.323 I can call external VCs but I cant call internal extension.

What could be the issue?

Thank you

Andre Lima

Hi Andre,

try adding H323: infront of your number when trying to call external VCs

stackover
Level 1
Level 1

Nice. Everything is working now.

Thank you ALL very much.

Andre Lima

Guys, is it possible to register C60 into CUCM using H.323 as a protocol, instead of SIP?