cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C20 crashing after upgrade to TC5.1.11

Lee Saldanha
Level 1
Level 1

We have upgraded a C20 from TC4.2.1 to TC5.1.11 and now it keeps crashing, responding to pings for a minute and then not responding for another minute.

The idea was to upgrade it all the way to TC7.3.0, but I wanted to make incremental updates to try to avoid issues like this one. Such issues/crashes after upgrades happen way too often and are really frustrating as you come to find that upgrading your unit to a more modern software version will give you more headaches than maintaining your 5-year-old software.

I have the logs and would appreciate if a Cisco engineer could take a look at them. This unit is in a remote location, which makes it particularly challenging to access it via the console. I have looked for the option to revert the upgrade from the web interface, but I don't think it is available in TC5.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would suggest you try and upgrade to TC7.3.3, which is the latest version today, and see if that resolves your issue.  Since you're upgrading from quite an old software version, be sure to read all the release notes for each version so you'll know what to look out for regarding any changes to codec behavior etc.

If you look at the all.log, does anything standout between the moment the codec comes online and prior to the next restart?  How long between restarts?

The issue is that the unit remains online for only 30 s, and then is down for another 2 min. Given this, I am not able to upload a new software to further upgrade or downgrade the unit.

Attached is the all.log file as mentioned, if you would be so kind as to take a look at it and provide any additional guidance. Many thanks!