Views
Helpful
Replies

C20 SIP CUCM and H323 together

kab00m
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, 

I have several C20 Quick Sets working and I need them to sit on CUCM-style PBX to call via SIP on other phones, and being capable to call via H.323 directly to each other. This setup is working fine when I enable H323 and use direct mode. However, "H323 enable" setting is not persisted during reboot. I have to turn it on manually each time. Although, I tried to run startup script with 

xconfiguration NetworkServices H323 Mode: On

The script is running succesfully, but it also do not bring H323 enabled on startup. I believe cnf.xml override H323-enable setting, but it have no direct mention of anything about H323.

Is there any special cnf.xml setting which I can use or maybe other way to bring H323 enabled on each C20 boot?

My C20s are using  TC7.3.8.8b95796 and TC7.3.7.01c84fd software.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely yours.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Have you provisioned your C20 on CUCM? if yes then it will not be able to H323 settings.

Please see the release notes-

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc7/release_notes/tc-software-release-notes-tc7.pdf

image.png

So if you want to use both i will suggest to turn off the provisioning mode and configure SIP proxy only as CUCM.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe you would need to add it as an Advanced 3rd Party SIP phone in CUCM and configure CUCM as a generic SIP Proxy on the endpoint. To my knowledge, CUCM does not understand the concept of dual-registration or protocol usage as VCS does; it expects to be the sole call control agent.

Sorry if I get this wrong or was non-concretic, but we have no trouble with CUCM here, it is all only about VCS endpoint. C20 get static cnf.xml (which I can edit by myself on tftp server) and it seems to override my manual setting about H323.

H323 is direct, there is no need to register anywhere and C20 phonebook contains h323:***@192.168.*.* records which are really working when H323 is enabled manually (now I use regular API call to enable that).

Is your answer should be treated that C20 in CUCM-mode can't have two legs or it was about CUCM dual registration issues?

Sincerely yours.

Hello,

Have you provisioned your C20 on CUCM? if yes then it will not be able to H323 settings.

Please see the release notes-

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc7/release_notes/tc-software-release-notes-tc7.pdf

image.png

So if you want to use both i will suggest to turn off the provisioning mode and configure SIP proxy only as CUCM.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful...

Thank you very much, you made it clear. I will think about non-provisioning, but for now I will prefer using API to enable H323 - that works fine and allow me to keep provisioning.

Sincerely yours.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: