Views
Helpful
Replies

C20 upgrade from 6.2.1 to 7.3.2 problem

rusfatman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

We have many C20 on 5.1.5 firmware and there are no problems to upgrade them to 7.3.2.

But there is one C20 on 6.2.1 firmware. I can't upgrade it, it's stuck on "Running post-install hooks from installed package". I'll wait for 30-40 mins, but then manualy reboot it. and it's back to 6.2.1 version.

I have a correct license key installed on C20 for 7.x firmware.

Can anyone see something like this?

8 Replies 8

rusfatman
Level 1
Level 1

Problem solved.

As this is a forum it might be handy to describe what the cause was and how you solved it.

I once had a system behaving similar and disconnecting the inTouch during the upgrade fixed it.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I'm already write a correct solvation in my post below.

I too am experiencing this problem with 2 C20's and a C40 on 6.2.1.  What was your workaround ?

It's strange, but i haven't any successful software update on my C20. I tried about 2-3 times, but it's ends with nothing. It's just hold on some moment and after soft reset - c20 loads old version 6.2.1.

But i find in menu:

Maintenance --> System Recovery --> Software Recovery Swap

that i have two versions of Software:

Current - 6.2.1

Inactive - 7.3.2

I'm just try to switch from 6.2.1 to 7.3.2 and it loads a new version. Than it updates a camera SW about 2-3 minutes. That's all and my C20 works fine on new version 7.3.2 for now.

We had the exact problem recently.  The software upgrade fails as pushed out from TMS 14.5.  I'm attempting your workaround and will report shortly.  Thanks. 

Yes. Initiating the upgrade from the endpoint was successful. Thanks.

You're welcome.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: