Views
Helpful
Replies

C40 automated backup

petark
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there a way to automate configuration backup on C40 codec, via SSH, or any other way?

I tried using plink, but only able to autheticate, not execute commands...

Regards,

Petar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

petark
Level 1
Level 1

Patrick, John, thanks for your input.

I managed to do it creating a batch file which executes plink command. Script runs on a local PC, on a scheduled basis and sends "xconfiguration" to the codec. After that, it stores the output to the specified folder.

It didn't work the first time as I didn't have rsa2 key cached in the registry :)

Regards,

Petar

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
If you have TMS, you can backup managed endpoints under Systems Configuration Backup, but this is a manual process with no way to automate it.
If you don't have TMS, but have some other program that can SSH/Telnet etc into the codec, you could issue command xConfiguration to provide the configuration, which will generate an output similar to what you'd get if you did a backup using the endpoint's web interface. You'd have to remove some extra characters at the start of every line though before you could use it to upload and restore the configuration..

John Graves
Level 1
Level 1

You could try something like solarwinds cat tools, I use it to back vcs's, it compares configs, sends email when it changes etc.

Try Nectus .. it does configuration backups.  Essentially u write simple script and Nectus can SSH to a box and execute it at a predefined time.

petark
Level 1
Level 1

Patrick, John, thanks for your input.

I managed to do it creating a batch file which executes plink command. Script runs on a local PC, on a scheduled basis and sends "xconfiguration" to the codec. After that, it stores the output to the specified folder.

It didn't work the first time as I didn't have rsa2 key cached in the registry :)

Regards,

Petar