cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C40: Control two daisy chained cameres via standard remote control

Juergen Hornung
Level 1
Level 1

I learned that C40 codec can have at least 2 daisy chained cameras. The question is, how can I control the two cameras seperately each other via provided remote control?

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you have two daisy chainded cameras connected to the codec, you'll switch between the two cameras by selecting which main video source you want to see on the screen, you'll then control that camera via the remote control.  The cameras do however have local IR for direct control as well, but to switch between video sources from camera 1 to 2, you'll need to change the main video source.

See page 15 of the user guide for more information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc5/user_guide/profile-series_codec-c-series_qs-c20_sx20-qs_trc5_user_guide_tc51.pdf

Perhaps a bit different, but still related : I opened a system enhancement request to be able to control 2 daisy chained cameras via the touch panel. See CSCtt24570 - Enhancement to control 2 cameras via touchpanel on Codec C60.

You mean switching camera source input at C-Codec switches also camera control?

I'm aware that each camera has IR Input but theres no way to switch IR commands for controlling only one of both camera.

My usage szenario is, I need a second PTZ camera as H.239 showing Documents and or Whiteboard, for that I want

to control each camera seperately.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: