Views
Helpful
Replies

C40 Layout and wallpaper issue

Luke Sykes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have a customer who has a C40, dual screen on the latest version of firmware (6.1.1). Outputs to the screens are on HDMI. They are used to it being full screen self view on both screens but now after upgrading the firmware its always the wallpaper. Every time they manually put it on full screen selfview, after the codec comes back out of standby the screens are on the wall paper again.

Is there a way of keeping both monitors on full screen self view all of the time when out of a call or not displaying local presentation.

Another problem they are having, when calling another site, they get self view on the right for a moment, the far end on the left and then the right hand screen goes black. They can however show presentations in a call which do come up on the right and a self view PIP on the left but when the presentation is cancelled, the screen goes black again and the PIP disapears. The customer is expecting full screen self view on the right when the presentation is not active.

(Monitor 1 is left and Monitor 2 is right)

Can you help?

Kind regards

Luke

56 Replies 56

Hi Chris,

It's worse. We flagged it with a service provider back at end of Feb. They escalated to Cisco on 22nd Feb. Crazy.

Cheers

Tom

Morning all,

Received a positive email that suggests fixes are coming in TC6.3. Cisco will be in touch once they test and hopefully I'll get an opportunity to test to verify.

Cheers

Tom

Thanks for the update Tom. Not to be pessimistic, but I can't wait for 6.4 - for the bug fix on the bug fix!

Annoyingly , we are still waiting on these fixes - is there ANY news???????????????

Hi,

This will be fixed in TC6.3 which is scheduled to be released in two to three weeks.

When showing a presentation on the second monitor the PIP will move to the primary monitor.

Regards

John

When showing a presentation on the second monitor the PIP will move to the primary monitor.

Does it move back to the secondary monitor when presentation is then turned off?

Yes it moves back once the presentation is stopped.

Regards

John

Well, would you 'adam and eve' (believe) it, version 6.3 was released last week, and even through there is nothing in the release notes that relate the the fixing of this issue, it only blinkin worked!

Well done Cisco. It only took you six month to fix this issue. Well and truly rapid response, give your selves a big pat on the back.

swinster70 wrote:

Well, would you 'adam and eve' it, version 6.3 was released last week, and even through there is nothing in the release note that relate the the fixing of this issue, it only blinkin worked!

Well done Cisco. It only took you six month to fix this issue. Well and truly rapid response, give your selves a big pat on the back.

The release notes state it, I thought it didn't, but it's there..

CSCuh04746

Self-view has to be manually moved to the selected monitor specified by xConfiguration Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole.

CSCuf74115

When not in a call, the full screen self-view on the second display (dual display mode) is not re-instated after presentation button is pressed in a dual monitor set up

My mistake. I missed this too.

Aye! It took over a hundred emails and escalation to account managers to finally get there.

We also have a new feature coming with somewhere further along.. CSCuj61895:-

## Customer is looking for new feature hide PIP.

+ C series codec with dual display on TC 6.x software .

+ While sharing presentation  left display shows far end video and right monitor shows  Presentation with self view in PIP.

+ Customer's requirement is to hide PIP automatically when presentation is shared .

Tom Kalikajaros wrote:

We also have a new feature coming with somewhere further along.. CSCuj61895:-

## Customer is looking for new feature hide PIP.

+ C series codec with dual display on TC 6.x software .

+ While sharing presentation  left display shows far end video and right monitor shows  Presentation with self view in PIP.

+ Customer's requirement is to hide PIP automatically when presentation is shared .

This would also be a great feature for Jabber as the PiP also covers a portion of the presentation. You can move the PiP but it means that you have to keep moving it around the screen - really annoying. But I digress.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: