Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C40 Upgrade from 3.0.1 to 4.0.1 Loss of Web Access

I upgraded a C40 codec from TC3.0.1 to TC4.1.0.247017 via TMS that is running version 13.1 software.  After the software push, I am now unable to connect to the codec via the web and TMS reports an incorrect password to the system.  I am, however, able to telnet to it  successfully with the admin password.  Is there a way to regain web and TMS connectivity to the unit remotely, through telnet?

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Michael!

What exactly happens if you try to access the system from a webbrowser?

Is there a reason that you enabled telnet? It should have ssh enabled by default and telnet would be disabled.

If you can still access it via telnet or ssh I would:

Start logging on your telnet client, login to the endpoint and do

xconfig

xstatus

this will store the old config and status, often useful for later debugging

reset the password with:

xCommand SystemUnit AdminPassword Set Password: newpassword

check/set the services you require to on (might differ from your needs)

xConfiguration NetworkServices Telnet Mode: on

xConfiguration NetworkServices SSH Mode: on

xConfiguration NetworkServices SNMP Mode: on

xConfiguration NetworkServices HTTP Mode: on

xConfiguration NetworkServices HTTPS Mode: on

reboot the endpoint with:

xCommand Boot

Wait 5min

Try to access it via a webbroswer with admin as the user and the new password as the password.

If this fails, check you firewall / proxy / ... what ever might be in between. Try to set the password

again. Ask here again, if you do not get an other answer open a case towards TAC.

If it succeeds, set the password again on the TMS webinterface for this endpoint.

Always double check (like with the admin guide) that you know what a specific command will do,

especially if a system is in a hard to reach remote location with no tech guy close by :-)

Is there a special reason that you upgraded to 4.1? The latest version is TC4.2.1

http://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/endpoints/tc/tc4/s52000tc4_2_1.pkg

If your TMS only shows/downloaded 4.1, then you are affected by the same bug as we.

(we have an unresolved case with TAC about that).

Martin

Please vote the replies and mark the answer as anwered if it is

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Michael,

Does the password have any speacial character set on TC3.X., if so it would not work on TC4.X

so i wpould advised to change the passwrd of the unit to a new password with out any special characters.

see if that works.

thanks

Ravi Kr.

All,

It finally works.  I succesfully changed the password via telnet and xCommand several times but had no luck even though the password took as I would have to re-initiate my telnet connection with the new password.  Finally, I had to clear the admin password completely using

xcommand systemunit adminpassword set password :""
Once done, I could access the unit with no password and then upgraded it again
to TC4.2.1.265253 and all is now working properly

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Jamie Hanifin
Level 1
Level 1

I had the exact same problem, but this was with a C20 upgrading to TC6.3.

clearing the password then resetting it using the above xcommand fixed it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: