cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C60 ASSISTANCE

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

Associate has a c60 and tried to upgrade to TC7.3.0 ... problem was he ran the upgrade without the release key and it should have error'd but didn't and now it's jacked.

Does anyone have the syntax to select between particians to get is back to the old software version..

I remember that I have to stop the boot process within Break command and than select???

Appreciate any assistance.

VR

Chet Cronin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Shouldn't need to enter a release key unless he's upgrading from a reasonably old version - think this requirement changed around TC6.2 or so, so after that only a valid service contract is required.

Anyways, I take it he can't access the web gui? If he can, then the system can be recovered by selecting to Maintenance/System Recovery/Software Recovery Swap - system will then reboot with the previous software.

You can select software version to load using ssh etc as well, command is selectsw and this should give you a list of installed software versions, select the one you want then re-boot.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Shouldn't need to enter a release key unless he's upgrading from a reasonably old version - think this requirement changed around TC6.2 or so, so after that only a valid service contract is required.

Anyways, I take it he can't access the web gui? If he can, then the system can be recovered by selecting to Maintenance/System Recovery/Software Recovery Swap - system will then reboot with the previous software.

You can select software version to load using ssh etc as well, command is selectsw and this should give you a list of installed software versions, select the one you want then re-boot.

/jens

Thank you for the update.

Chet Cronin

Hello Chet -

TC6.1 is the version the release key requirement was removed.

As Jens mentions, if you're running anything newer than TC6.1, a release key isn't required.  However if you're running anything prior to that version you can request a release key from Cisco Licenses Portal if the C60 has a valid and active support contract, click on "Get Other Licenses" and select "TelePresence Licenses to Resend".