Views
Helpful
Replies

C60 DVI input 3 Auto Detect using a DVI to VGA splitter

IVMELANIE
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

We are installing a C60 codec using a DVI splitter in input 3 for Presentation source (DVI-I Male to DVI-D & VGA Female Splitter Y Cable Adapter)

The DVI input source is configured as Auto-Detect.  The Admin Guide confirms this seting will auto detect is the signal is analog (VGA) or Digital (DVI or HDMI).

The problem is, the codec cannot really switch from one source to another.   We are not trying to send both signals at once, but rather testing wether VGA then HMDI will be detected by the codec depending on the input the laptop is sending.

can anyone confirm if this is a limitation of the codec, or firmware bug, or even just plain impossible without adding additional hardware.

cheers,

Mel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Yes, auto-detect works for me.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The auto detect should work. 

a) What is the codec software version?

b) what if you use a DVI-D to DVI-I cable and a VGA-DVI-I cable and test it first, does the auto detection works?

regards

Hi

yes actually it is working on a C60 with version TC5.0.1 but the one i am testing on has TC6.0.1

the DVI cable I am using is DVI−I (M) to DVI−D (F) & 15−pin HD (F) Adapter Cable

can you confirm its working on TC6.2 ?  I dont have any spare cables to test with in our lab and the unit is at customer site.

cheers,

Melanie

Hi,

Yes, auto-detect works for me.  

Just to give you an update, we have done testing with the same cables used and your right, the codec has detected both signals.

We tested on the following versions:

TC5.1.4 - OK Auto detected

TC6.0.1 - OK Auto detected

TC6.2.0 - OK Auto detected

The issue were looking at now is we also have wall plate which is just pass-through but this could be the issue. 

thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: