Helpful
Replies

C60 recovery via TFTP - retry count exceeded

Ben Blumson
Level 1
Level 1

directory.PNGHi all,

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any prior experience with this scenario.

I've got a C60 codec with no software images available.  I've been following the steps in this file to load a software package on to it via TFTP but when I get to the point of executing the run pkgex command, it fails with Retry count exceeded; starting again and it just loops forever.

Separate TFTP and DHCP clients are on the PC, and the C60 is getting an IP from the DHCP client. I've got the pkgextract.elf and u-boot.bin files in the same directory as the software package, to which the TFTP client is pointing.

Am I missing something obvious?  Any help or pointers would be great.

This is the output from the serial connection when I try to run it.

printenv ipaddr
ipaddr=10.78.140.7
CASPERII> setenv serverip 10.78.140.1
CASPERII> setenv tftp_path
CASPERII> setenv saturnpkg s52000tc7_3_3.pkg
CASPERII> run pkgex
BOOTP broadcast 1
BOOTP broadcast 2
BOOTP broadcast 3
BOOTP broadcast 4
BOOTP broadcast 5

Retry count exceeded; starting again
BOOTP broadcast 1
BOOTP broadcast 2
BOOTP broadcast 3
BOOTP broadcast 4
BOOTP broadcast 5

Retry count exceeded; starting again

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The "Retry count exceded" message you are getting indicates that the C60 is unable to contact the TFTP server.

Have you checked that your TFTP server is running correctly, and you are able to connect to it (ie from another device, or with a TFTP client on the same machine as the server is running on)?

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the reply.  For what it's worth I can ping the acting TFTP server from within the C60 serial shell. 

If I interrupt the timeout, I get the this output.

putty.PNG

Will try some other TFTP clients on the same laptop and see how it goes.

If it helps at all, I usually use the PumpKIN TFTP server.  I've never had issues using that.  

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: