cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C90-login issue

charles cronin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a profile dual 65" C90 system.  Just upgraded it from TC3.1 to TC6.0.  System is functional. I am able to make calls.

problem is that I am no longer able to login via the browser. Either IE or Firefox.  The password I have must have corrupted.  Tired the default admin, CISCO also, no joy.

I ask the remote site to re-set the password manually using the remote but he did not see the "administrative password" window in the advanced settings.  He entered the password in the "menu password" window and must have fat fingered it, he can't get past the menu password now

Quesiton: To reset the system back to the default password, We need to connect the comm cable from the PC to the data port on the rear of the C90 and open putty or hyper term at 38400, n, 8, none and at the prompt enter "securitypassword off" then pwdrec "" to remove the password right???

If not what is the correct method????

Thank you.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Is the system added to a TMS server? If yes can you configure the system from TMS? You can also change the admin password and menu password from TMS if the TMS holds the correct admin password.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

adimchev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Charles,

for the serial connection is correct but the user login is "pwrec" not "pwdrec" :-)

-Connect a serial cable to the system at 38400, 8, N, 1

- Reboot the system, power cycle

- Log in with the user "PWREC". This user is only available a short period of time after reboot. Logging in with this user will reset the password of the root user

-Set the new password with :

xcommand SystemUnit AdminPassword Set Password:

Will do that and let you know what happens. Thank you very much.

VR

Chet

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Is the system added to a TMS server? If yes can you configure the system from TMS? You can also change the admin password and menu password from TMS if the TMS holds the correct admin password.

/Magnus

Sorry ... yes I tried going thru TMS and that didn't work due to the TMS had the same password I have been trying to use in that database.  No joy.

adimchev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Charles,

for the serial connection is correct but the user login is "pwrec" not "pwdrec" :-)

-Connect a serial cable to the system at 38400, 8, N, 1

- Reboot the system, power cycle

- Log in with the user "PWREC". This user is only available a short period of time after reboot. Logging in with this user will reset the password of the root user

-Set the new password with :

xcommand SystemUnit AdminPassword Set Password:

Will do that and let you know what happens. Thank you very much.

VR

Chet

Hi all,

I got the same issue. From tc3 to tc5.

But I cannot connect to the serial console.

I tried with Win 7 and onboard serial interfac and Windows 10 with USB-Serial Adapter.

Changed speed in putty and in the device manager to 38400, but I had no luck with any combination.

I even cannot use the admin menu in the display menu. It never shows the login field.

Can somebody help?

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: