My organization has deployed about 70+ C90's in various settings and we are now finding that some of them (3 so far) are catching on fire and are emitting a burning smell. Has anyone else experienced similar issues? If so, what have you done in response?
Catching on fire? I mean if you smell something burning it may indicate that some component has fried maybe caused by overvoltage (lightning strikes or other reasons) or simply that the devices overheat due to bad ventilation or broken fans letting the PSU overheat. The devices are not working after the fried incident? Did you see smoke coming out of it? Does the event leave the device in a bricked state?
I cannot say I have seen a flow of such cases coming in. Have you considered any of the above causes?
They do run very warm, and if not installed in a way that will provide them sufficient airflow, then I guess they could overheat and cause some of the symptoms you are suggesting you are experiencing. What is the ambient termperature of where your devices are housed (ie, in the equipment cupboard they are in), and what is it showing on them as their operating temperature? That will give you some indication of whether they are experiencing temp issues due to the way they have been installed. Also, being older devices, they may have ingested dust, so could possibly need a clean out.
Wayne -- Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
To participate in this event, please use the button to ask your questions
This topic is a chance to discuss more about how to read Cisco Unified Communications trace files. In this session, Cisco D...