Views
Helpful
Replies

Cable Extension for SX20 with Precision HD 1080p 4x S2 Camera

Tomas Kriz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

does anybody knows, if there is any possibility, how to extend original SX20 camera cabel for connection with 1080p4xS2 Camera? There is special HDMI+control square connector on both sides and I need to extend this cable. HDMI should work stand alone, but how to extend the second cable for camera control? I suppose, that is non-standard plug, so there is no possibilities how to produce own non-original cable...

Or, I maybe wrong??:)

Thanks for answer...

Tomas

3 Replies 3

leetoone22
Level 1
Level 1

So it looks like you can use 2 of the CAB-HDMI-PHD12XS cables. Use one for the camera and one for the codec end. They are 3m long, but you will either need an extender for the HDMI (and a barrel for the cat5) between them to connect, or an HDMI barrel if you can find one.

Lee, TPI Utah

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

And you would also have to power camera locally.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

conmy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I just wanted to share the information we have created for our partners after testing the Y-Cable.

You can check it out here: http://www.visitec.com/images/docs/Extending_PHD_4xS2_Camera.pdf

Chris Conmy Technical Support – Implementation – Sales Engineering Visitec Marketing Associates, Inc
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: