Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call between SX20 and Tandberg 880 failed

Hi all,

We have implemented SX20 in our customer site and customer has the old tandberg 880 model (software released 2003).

When SX20 call to tandberg 880 I got busy but when tandberg 880 call back to SX20 I got only audio.

Anyone please suggest what parameter I should adjust

Regards,

Tinnakorn

6 Replies 6

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You did not say anything about the kind of deploment and how they dial each other up, nor anything about the

software versions used.

If its a real Tandberg 880 (classic) and not even a 880MXP (I think they were introduced in 2005)

I would replace it with an other SX20, they will not have fun with that system anyhow.

Besides that I think there were different sofware releases on the classic systems suppoting h264 or not.

Check the codec capabilities and try with a call rate <=512kbit.

It can also be a firewall or ALG/Helper issue.

Anyhow, the suggestion is: replace the 880 classic system.

I guess you are also not using your mobile phone from 2003 anymore :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

We just test the direct IP to IP call h323.

SX20 software: TC5.1.3

Tandberg 880(classic): E2.2 PAL

Release Date: 2003-08-29

Codec Version: 384kbps, opt:1

Sorry for the first post, actually I got video when tandberg 880 call sx20 but video quality at tandberg side very bad

sx20 side is not bad but not good, BW between 2 sites is 200Mbps which should enough.

Here is the call status when tandberg 880 call back to SX20

video at tandberg side

Reduce BW call to 512, 256 still got bad quality

call from sx20 to tandberg failed as mention in the first post.

Thank you

Hi.

I think this will be hard to troubleshoot, as Martin said this is an really old system.

Not only is it horrible outdated, and EOL - but you also run an really old software revision ( almost 10 years old )

I would recommend you to install the newest E-software as a start, found at

ftp://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/endpoints/classic/e-series/880_ip_only/pal/e53/ and then post results here.

//Marius

He's not going to be able to upgrade without release keys.

The SX20 will have to be dumbed down quite considerably for this to work properly anyway, we normally bridge old systems when we encounter one, seems to work a bit better, not great, but a bit better than going point-point.

Realistically though, forget about the 880, keep it as a TANDBERG memento and tell the customer to get with the present and invest in another SX20...

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Martin Koch wrote:

I guess you are also not using your mobile phone from 2003 anymore :-)

Memories... I remember paying more than NOK 4000 (≈ EUR 550) for the Sony Ericsson T610, and then breaking its screen after just a month!

Memories... I remember paying more than NOK 4000 (≈ EUR 550) for the  Sony Ericsson T610, and then breaking its screen after just a month! 

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify