Views
Helpful
Replies

call detail report stored in TMS

Fabrizio Nurra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to export CDR stored in TMS: I think TMS doesn't export CDRs in XML form, right?

Anyway I know that TMS DataBase records traffic data generated by TPS: looking at TMS DataBase I found table <objSystemConferenceParticipantCDR> filled with CDR useful informations and datas, but now I would like to know:

1) procedure and modality used by TMS for populating the table <objSystemConferenceParticipantCDR> (ie real time, one time in a day, every 60 minutes, every 30 minutes...)

2) As TPS stores in its memory up to 2000 records (ref. < cisco_TelePresence Server API-CDR>), and the following data overwrites records, are datas on TMS DB table <objSystemConferenceParticipantCDR> overwritten too or appended?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think TMS doesn't export CDRs in XML form, right?

Correct.

Anyway I know that TMS DataBase records traffic data generated by TPS: looking at TMS DataBase I found table filled with CDR useful informations and datas, but now I would like to know:

Please do not build business criticial applications on top of the TMS database as the database schema may change in future releases without prior notice. Consider yourself warned!

1) procedure and modality used by TMS for populating the table (ie real time, one time in a day, every 60 minutes, every 30 minutes...)

For the TelePresence Server: TMS builds a CDR within a few seconds from when the TS informs TMS that the conference has disconnected.

For the TelePresence MCU: New CDRs are collected from the MCUs every 60 seconds.

2) As TPS stores in its memory up to 2000 records (ref. < cisco_TelePresence Server API-CDR>), and the following data overwrites records, are datas on TMS DB table overwritten too or appended?

No data is ever overwritten, unless the admin explicitly chooses to purge historic call data.

Regards,

Kjetil

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think TMS doesn't export CDRs in XML form, right?

Correct.

Anyway I know that TMS DataBase records traffic data generated by TPS: looking at TMS DataBase I found table filled with CDR useful informations and datas, but now I would like to know:

Please do not build business criticial applications on top of the TMS database as the database schema may change in future releases without prior notice. Consider yourself warned!

1) procedure and modality used by TMS for populating the table (ie real time, one time in a day, every 60 minutes, every 30 minutes...)

For the TelePresence Server: TMS builds a CDR within a few seconds from when the TS informs TMS that the conference has disconnected.

For the TelePresence MCU: New CDRs are collected from the MCUs every 60 seconds.

2) As TPS stores in its memory up to 2000 records (ref. < cisco_TelePresence Server API-CDR>), and the following data overwrites records, are datas on TMS DB table overwritten too or appended?

No data is ever overwritten, unless the admin explicitly chooses to purge historic call data.

Regards,

Kjetil

Hi Kjetil!

how about finaly getting some simple but proper cdr generation / export in TMS or VCS

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

I would personally love to see improved reporting in TMS and on the VCS. But unfortunately, I am not in charge of the product roadmap. I think you need to go through the regular channels (i.e. your account team) for such requests.

Regards,

Kjetil

ah, I think we requested that 2-3 years ago, ...

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hello,

Also I think Tms can be report Cts endpoint Cdr which is connected to CUCM.

Regards,

Baris.

Hi Baris,

No, there is no support for endpoint CDRs from CTS systems or gatekeeper CDRs from CUCM systems managed by TMS.

Regards,

Kjetil

Thank you Kjetil for your answers. So, where and how can I get CDRs in a "safe" way? Any suggestion?

The only safe way of exporting CDRs from TMS is the "Export Excel" button in the web interface. No other method is supported by Cisco.

Regards,

Kjetil

Hi Kjetil,

Thats ok. But, for example our customer have 35 CTS, 100 tandberg and 120 polycom endpoint.

They not calculating truly cdrs because of cdr diveded by CUCM and TMS.

Regards,

Baris.

Hey Baris,

I have a feature request in for TMS to support CDRs for CTS endpoints. For your reference it is CSCtx03940.

Adam

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Sipser,

Did you ever make any progress on this request to export CDR information from TMS managed video endpoints?  This should be a standard feature as it is in the CUCM platform.

Thanks,

Amir

You can export the TMS Call Detail Records to Excel:

Reporting > Call Detail Record

Once you've selected and run the required report, if you click on the "Data" tab, there is an "Export Excel" button at the bottom.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: