Views
Helpful
Replies

Call from CTS(FullHD) through Telepresence Server to HD endpoint

ma.romero
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have some doubts about the port allocated in a Telepresence Server when I call from CTS3000 to a HD endpoint using Telepresence Server.

For example, I hace two CTS3000 and two HD endpoints, when I do a call, how many ports are used? Two Full HD and Two HD, or four HD?

I said this because if you use FullHD port instead HD port in the Telepresence Server Blade you have less port than If you use HD port only.

2 Blades: Telepresence Server 8710--> 32 HD ports- 24 FullHD ports

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The CTS3000 uses 3 video ports (one for each codec) and the Standard rooms use 1 video port.  When your call is active, you can see the port usage on the Telepresence Server by looking at the STATUS screen. If your server is set to Full HD mode the number of video ports available is reduced from 16 to 12.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ma.romero
Level 2
Level 2

I found this:

In a Cisco TelePresence meeting with HD videoconferencing, all video is dropped to 720p format, using Telepresence Server.

The CTS3000 uses 3 video ports (one for each codec) and the Standard rooms use 1 video port.  When your call is active, you can see the port usage on the Telepresence Server by looking at the STATUS screen. If your server is set to Full HD mode the number of video ports available is reduced from 16 to 12.

Hi jvallender,

Yes, I know, if you use all FullHD ports you would have 12 ports.

I have found a document like the before post which said that all ports are HD(720p) when they are doing interoperability with videonconferencing endpoints.

Thanks for the informtion.

Best regards.