Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Policy Example (CPL) on VCS

Currently when you dial a SIP endpoint from an H323 endpoint, the MXP displays the caller as H323@192.168.1.100, that IP being the IP of the VCS.  I was wondering if anyone had a working example of a CPL file which would replace the IP address with a domain name. 

Additionally, we are having issues with the caller ID on our CUCM registered phones displaying the correct information for VCS registered endpoints.  In most cases, no mater the type of endpoint, software version, or call protocol, the name is displayed as "Unknown".  Any assistance would be appreciated.

VCS version X7.2.1

MXP version F9.3

CUCM version 8.5.1

7 Replies 7

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

try this script, note that you need the first entry due to the software bug that the first entry is ignored (so I created a dummy entry).

xmlns:taa="http://www.tandberg.net/cpl-extensions"

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"

xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:cpl cpl.xsd">

whatever@domainname.com">

H323@domainname.com">

regards, Ahmad

Hi Ahmad,

I'm new to CPL , and I would like to know what type of file formart to write the cpl with and upload it ?

thanks,
Dany

Hi Danny,

you can write the cpl in an xml format and save it as normal ".txt" extension. That should be ok.

Thanks

Alok

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bryan,

Answering to your second question i believe you have alpha numeric id configured on SIP URI or H.323 ID on the endpoint which is not supported by CUCM, hence it shows "unknown".

i am not sure but upgrading the CUCM might help. i need to check more info on that.

Rgds

Alok

Starting with CUCM 8.6 the display Name could be display correctly on the phones. The call back URI is often displayed wrong, depnding on the firmware and phine model. If you integrate with CUCM I would recomend to also use SIP as primary call protocol.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Regards, Paul

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Dany,

as Alok mentioned, copy and paste the script in to a xml file such CPL.xml and upload it to VCS (VCS configuration > Call policy > configuration ) and turn on call policy mode to local CPL.

are you sure MXP software is F9.3 ? the latest software as far as I know for MXP is F9.1

Also from CUCM 9.x software version URI dialplan is supported.

BR,

Ahmad

Hi Ahmad,

The latest (possible last???) firmware for the MXP series is F9.3.1

Chris