Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

We have a video infrastructure where

1)vcs control x7.1

2)cucm

3)sme session manager edition

call flow between endpoints

video endpoint->vcs control->cucm zone->cisco session manager edition->cucm->cisco iphones

problem facing

1)while calling to video ip phones from video endpoint ,it not showing the E.164 no(caller ID)

2)audio/video not received while calling video ip phones from video endpoint

attached are the logs of vcs xstat and vcs xconfig

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rashmi,

no problem. if possible mark the thread as answered

thanks

Alok

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rashmi,

regarding your question 1 & 2

1) in case the endpoint registered with a alphanumeric id then the caller-id won't work. This is a limitation on CUCM.

so my question is what is the endpoint registration on VCS and what is H.323 id of the endpoint???

please change the H.323 id on the endpoint to E.164@ format..for e.g. if the e.164 number is 52619 and domain on vcs is "vcsdomain.com" then h.323 id should be something like 52619@vcsdomain.com.

this is allowed !!

2) what are ip-phones you are doing testing with???and the phone load version of it??also can you tell me what is the CUCM version??

thanks

Alok

just looking at the xstatus..i see the registration.

Registration 10:

Protocol: H323

Node: "Chennai-SubZone"

SerialNumber: "438585d0-f008-11e1-a2ac-0010f31edacc"

Authenticated: True

CreationTime: "2012-08-27 11:00:08"

Duration: 2490

VendorInfo: "unknown"

H323:

Type: Endpoint

CallSignalAddresses:

Address: "10.144.62.8:1720"

RASAddresses:

Address: "10.144.62.8:1719"

Apparent: "10.144.62.8:1719"

Aliases:

Alias 1:

Type: E164

Origin: Endpoint

Value: "91044211"

Alias 2:

Type: H323Id

Value: "HTINCHNCAMPVC001@video.hcl.com"  --> alphanumeric id is not supported!!!! change it to..for e.g.                                                                                               91044@video.hcl.com and after that caller-id will work.

Hi Alok,

Thanks for the reply

IP phones we are testing with :7940,7942,7941,8941

phone load version : 7940 -P0030801SR02

7941- SCCP41.9-2-1S

7942-SCCP42.9-2-1S

8941-SCCP894x.9-1-2-SR-1

CUCM VER :8.8.2.21900-5

Hi Rashmi,

what is the endpoint on VCS and sw version of it you are doing testing with..

ip-phones 7940, 7941, 7942 doesn't support video???so what you are using ?? a VT advantage??

8941 is a sccp phone which supports video!!!

so i want to know what are the endpoints involved both on VCS and CUCM and thier firmware/sw ver when you say no video coming??

thanks

alok

CUCM VERSION Iis 8.6.2.2

tell me the endpoint details on vcs and the ip-phone details on cucm which has no video..that's it.

Hi Alok,

Thanks for reply

we have made a test call between tandberg 1700mxp (ver F9.1 Pal) and cisco telephone 7942

while calling from 1700mxp to cisco ip phone, E.164 is not displayed

Its shows unknown no

the problem is same from any endpoint to any ip phone(video/ non- video supported)

We can able to initiate the audio call between them but there is a issue of caller id which is not displayed

Rashmi,

for callerd-id i already pointed..since the alphanumeric id is not supported please change the h.323 id to number@domain format.

for video not coming i see you have a session manager in front of CUCM. Can you tell me how the trunk is setup between cucm and VCS ?? is it via session manager?? or direct trunk.

video issue can happen if MTP is checked..however i see on the trunk screenshot there is no MTP option checked.

7942 doesn't have video, i don't know how you are testing!! are you using VT advantage for that??

what happens when endpoint calls to CUCM and vice-versa. is there any change in behavior??

Thanks

Alok

Hi Alok,

Thanks for helping us to rectify the issue.

Actually, we are not concered more about Video call between 794x IP Phone and VCS registered endpoint/codec rather, we are more concenred about the caller id.

When we dial from MXP Endpoint to 794x IP Phones, the caller-id comes as "UNKNOWN" rather than a Extension Number/DN.

Please advice.

Many Thanks Again,

Manish

Hi Manish,

As i said earlier the alphanumeric id is not supported by the CUCM.

now if the endpoint registered on the VCS has a H.323 id alphanumeric..for e.g. shown below from the xstatus caputred shared by Rashmi,

Registration 10:

Protocol: H323

Node: "Chennai-SubZone"

SerialNumber: "438585d0-f008-11e1-a2ac-0010f31edacc"

Authenticated: True

CreationTime: "2012-08-27 11:00:08"

Duration: 2490

VendorInfo: "unknown"

H323:

Type: Endpoint

CallSignalAddresses:

Address: "10.144.62.8:1720"

RASAddresses:

Address: "10.144.62.8:1719"

Apparent: "10.144.62.8:1719"

Aliases:

Alias 1:

Type: E164

Value: "91044211"

Alias 2:

Type: H323Id

Value: "HTINCHNCAMPVC001@video.hcl.com"  --> alphanumeric id is not supported!!!!

If you dial from this endpoint to CUCM ip-phones the callerd-id won't come.

so to make the caller-id work change the H.323Id to 91044211@video.hcl.com and try again..it should work after doing the changes.

Thanks

Alok

Hi Alok,

After doing a change in H.323 id value as 91120@video.hcl.com ,we made a audio test call between tandberg mxp1700 and ip phone 7942 but it showing the same thing unknown no on ip phone

and If we do the vice versa ,making a call from cisco ip phone to endpoint  mxp1700 , the caller id of cisco phone  displays on video endpoint mxp.

Attached are snapshots of vcs, cucm and sme.

Hi Alok,

Thanks for your advice

now we are to see the H.323 id after changing the id value on endpoints.

But the problrem is that there are more than 70 video enpoints in different locations so it become difficult to manually change the h.323 id on each video endpoint.

Instead of changing configuration on every video emdpoints.Do we have any option of changing global configurationat vcs server. Please advice

Rashmi,

sorry to say this but we don't have any BAT functionlaity simillar to CUCM in VCS. So answer from VCS no.

From TMS you can achieve something but i don't think that is going to be a one shot what you are looking for!! more so i don't think you are provisioning all the endpoint from TMS.

Thanks

Alok

Hi Alok,

we are using TMS 13.2 along TMSPE feature

Can we achieve something with the help of TMS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: