Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling CMS room from external SfB client

Laszlo Olah
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Colleagues,

We have a fully functioning UC infrastructure with Expressway-Core/Edge and CMS and I would like to enable incoming SfB calls to CMS room.

What do we have:
- Public certificate on Edge
- Turn server on Edge
- Traversal zone between Core and Edge
    TLS enabled
    Do not check credentials
- Neighbor zone between Core and CMS
    TLS enabled
    Do not check credentials
- Search rule on Edge
    Protocol: SIP (All variants)
    Source: Default
    Regex pattern: room@domain.com.*
    Target: Traversal zone
- Search rule on Core
    Protocol: SIP (All variants)
    Source: Traversal zone
    Regex pattern: room@domain.com.*
    Target: CMS
- Incoming call handling on CMS
    Domain: domain.com
    Target spaces: yes
- Space on CMS
    Name: room
    URI part: room
- TURN settings on CMS
    TURN server address: Edge internal
    Proper username/psw

During the test I experienced that I was able to call the CMS room from Cisco devices and Spark only, but not from SfB.
From the TCP dump of Edge external interface I saw that during SfB attempts, there are TCP packets only, no UDP at all.

Is there anything I missed?

Thanks,
Laszlo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Do you see a search request on your Expressway-E coming from SFB?

Have you checked firewall?

And can I confirm this is for external SfB participants from other organizations?

I rolled something like this out recently and I didn't need to set anything special up, other than the _sipfederationtls SRV records pointing to Expressway-E.

Expressway-E directed inbound calls to CMS regardless of the SIP variant, so long as the right URI was dialled. 

I know that SfB *can* be a bit funny about DNS records and SIP domains, in my case the Exp-E's hostname was vc.domain.com, which was also our SIP domain.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Do you see a search request on your Expressway-E coming from SFB?

Have you checked firewall?

And can I confirm this is for external SfB participants from other organizations?

I rolled something like this out recently and I didn't need to set anything special up, other than the _sipfederationtls SRV records pointing to Expressway-E.

Expressway-E directed inbound calls to CMS regardless of the SIP variant, so long as the right URI was dialled. 

I know that SfB *can* be a bit funny about DNS records and SIP domains, in my case the Exp-E's hostname was vc.domain.com, which was also our SIP domain.

Hi Nick,

You were right, as it turned out, the SfB client was in a restricted network.

The security engineer told me that there is no restrcition regarding the outbound connection, but the logs don't lie :-)

Thanks, Laszlo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: