Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling from Room Kit Plus (P60) to MXP

Yan Simkin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

RKPlus CE9.3.2 - calling to MXP F9.3.3 over any bitrate higher than 512k produces badly pixelated image on both ends, with ghosting and delays. 512k works beautifully. I know the MXP is an obsolete piece of equipment, but would be happy to know whether there's any workaround other than putting these calls on the video bridge as we still have at more than 200 MXP's of various models on our network.

BTW, is the CapSetFilter still an option?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is it all video calls, or only those where content sharing is involved?

I know that there were changes, specifically around H263 for the MXP to include this in CE9.4.0.

We don't experience any issues here with calls between the RoomKit series devices (running CE9.4.1) and our MXP devices (running F9.3.4) at our default call rate of 768kbps.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is it all video calls, or only those where content sharing is involved?

I know that there were changes, specifically around H263 for the MXP to include this in CE9.4.0.

We don't experience any issues here with calls between the RoomKit series devices (running CE9.4.1) and our MXP devices (running F9.3.4) at our default call rate of 768kbps.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

That's before I try any content sharing (saw the thread about that one). I'll try the 9.4 tomorrow first thing in the morning and will report. Thanks for your reply!

Indeed it resolved the MXP interop. They negotiate a 768x448 resolution instead of 720p and the video is smooth. The interop with Polycom HDX went down the drain though (352x240 incoming), but this is less important to me at this moment.