Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Internet from Jabber Clients through VCSe

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Experts,

We have Jabber clients provisioned on CUCM 8.6.2 and Movi Clients Provisioned on VCS Control ( X 7.0) and TMS (13.2.1)

We are going to deploy VCSexpressway very soon for our company.

My query is will it be possible for Jabber Clients on CUCM to call outside our company . I know Movi would work , but not sure of Jabber clients.

Could anyone help me? If it can work , how can it be achieved?

Thanks,

Saurabh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Saurabh,

that should work fine.!! once you make a call to jabber clients the call flow would be from VCS expressway to VCS control and then again from VCS control to CUCM over the sip trunk.

only thing is that you have to perfect with the dial plan so that it should not clash with other dial-plans on the vcs-control.

Rgds,

Alok

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Saurabh,

the way how the outside call will work from the CUCM is that CUCM will send all the calls to VCS-control over a SIP trunk and then VCS-C send that call to expressway and then it goes out.

However as i mentioned earlier currently jabber client on the cucm doesn't support the URI dialing and hence it would be diffcult to achieve. You need to wait for CUCM 9.x to come and then probably you would be able to call.

however if you have an endpoint or a CUPS client working in ip-phone mode registered to CUCM will be able to do this and you can achieve this by putting a sip route-pattern on the CUCM for the domain you want to make calls to.

Thnx

Alok

And will the call routing would work in the opposite direction... person sitting outside our network ...would be able to call Jabber client in our network who's number is 4xxx@domain or 4xxx@ ??

Saurabh,

that should work fine.!! once you make a call to jabber clients the call flow would be from VCS expressway to VCS control and then again from VCS control to CUCM over the sip trunk.

only thing is that you have to perfect with the dial plan so that it should not clash with other dial-plans on the vcs-control.

Rgds,

Alok

ok.. got you.

Thanks Alok for the reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: