Views
Helpful
Replies

Camera control and Menu navigation problems with TC5.1.5

Matt Carner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have upgraded one of our C Series codecs to 5.1.5 and I am having a great deal of trouble with it ever since.

Any arrow press on the remote results in what appears to be a "continuous" press of the button.  This same behavior is exhibited when trying to control the camera.  If I press the left arrow key to pan, the camera moves as far as it can go in that direction.  Just to be clear, I am NOT holding down the arrow keys on the remote.

Any ideas?  I've tried reinstalling the software.  Will try reverting to last version of software next.

Thanks,

Matt

UMN

4 Replies 4

Matt Carner
Level 1
Level 1

Update - maybe it wasn't a 5.1.5 issue after all.  I just rolled the codec back to 5.1.4 and the issue still exists.

Matt,

It seems that the camera you have is a 12x camera and the issue which you're referring to exists in the 4x camera. Can you provide xstatus camera output here so that we can have a look at it?

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar
Technical Lead
TelePresence Solution Group

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks for the reply!

Is this what you're looking for?

*s Camera 1 Connected: True

*s Camera 1 HardwareID: "50000003"

*s Camera 1 Manufacturer: "TANDBERG"

*s Camera 1 Model: "PrecisionHD 1080p 12X"

*s Camera 1 SoftwareID: "S01718-4.0FINAL [ID:40082] 2012-10-31"

*s Camera 1 SerialNumber: "XXXXXXX"

*s Camera 1 IpAddress: ""

*s Camera 1 MacAddress: ""

*s Camera 1 Position Pan: 358

*s Camera 1 Position Tilt: 93

*s Camera 1 Position Zoom: 870

*s Camera 1 Position Focus: 4607

*s Camera 1 Capabilities Options: "ptzf"

*s Camera 1 Flip: "Off"

*s Camera 2 Connected: True

*s Camera 2 HardwareID: "50000000"

*s Camera 2 Manufacturer: "TANDBERG"

*s Camera 2 Model: "PrecisionHD 1080p 12X"

*s Camera 2 SoftwareID: "S01718-4.0FINAL [ID:40061] 2010-06-10"

*s Camera 2 SerialNumber: "XXXXXXXXX"

*s Camera 2 IpAddress: ""

*s Camera 2 MacAddress: ""

*s Camera 2 Position Pan: 416

*s Camera 2 Position Tilt: 126

*s Camera 2 Position Zoom: 174

*s Camera 2 Position Focus: 4582

*s Camera 2 Capabilities Options: "ptzf"

*s Camera 2 Flip: "Off"

Hi Matt,

Just want to confirm whether its Codec process is failing or we have some problem while getting input from IR of camera, I would request if you remove both camera and try to navigate menu of Codec and check issue persist or not.

I also reommend if you have external power supply for camera then connect camera to powersupply and remove all connection with codec and check when you try pan/tilt you face same issue or not.

This will definately help us to get cause of issue and as per that we can move toward solution.

Regards,

Vivek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: