Views
Helpful
Replies

Camera Control cable

Yasir Vistro
Level 1
Level 1

hi All

I made a Camera Control Cable  RJ 45 to D Sub.

i face some issue ,   when i control the Menu Via Cadec it,s wording fine  but when i control the Menu via a Camera  only camera move  menu not working.

Yasir Vistro

Yasir Vistro
13 Replies 13

Yasir,

how long did you make the cable?, there are specs for max. lengh.

reg, hans

Via a Codec  Camera can not move and Zoom  but Menu working fine ,  

via Camera  , Camera Move and Zoom  working fine but Menu not working.

Cable length 15 meter , 

Yasir Vistro

Yasir Vistro

Yasir,

i remember, there was a max spec. for 5m. the only exeption was the MXP3000, beeing able to handle 7,5m.

regards, hans

i have  C 60  .  any other option  to reslove this issue ?

Yasir Vistro

Yasir Vistro

deamanga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Yasir,

which pin -out cable documet did you used to build your cable?

make sure you respected the following :

Rj45 (8pin)                            D-Sub

+12Vdc 1------------------------ 4

GND      2------------------------ 5

RX         3------------------------ 2

TX         6------------------------ 3

NC         4------------------------ 1

NC         5------------------------ 6

GND      7------------------------ 5

+12Vdc 8------------------------ 4

what type of PHD Camera is connected to the C60? a 1080p (12x,4x) or 720p?

when pointing IR remote control to the camera and doing PTZ the green led on left of  the camera should blinking?

If you are 100% of your cable then check the following :

did you tested with enabling IR only on the codec (auto/on/off)?  then only on the Camera (on/off)? ? or both are enable? (sometime you need to trigger btw both IR as value are saved ).

when you restart the codec make sure the green led is ON and the camera is initializing itself?

Regards

Dean.

Dean 

i have  C 60 with 3  1080p 12x camera .

Yasir Vistro

hi Dean

when pointing IR remote control to the camera and doing PTZ the green led on left of  the camera should blinking?

Yes when I pointing IR to the Camera and doing PTZ the Green light blink and working fine .

did you tested with enabling IR only on the codec (auto/on/off)?  then only on the Camera (on/off)? ? or both are enable? (sometime you need to trigger btw both IR as value are saved ).

Yes I enabling IR on both (Camera and Codec) but not helpful.

when you restart the codec make sure the green led is ON and the camera is initializing itself?

Yes when I restart the codec Camera Behavior is absolutely normal

Yasir Vistro

Yasir Vistro

Hi Yasir,

Do you have X3 1080p 12x PHD cameras connected to the C60 at the same time using Daisy chaining?

Or you have the same issue when testing the X3 separate cameras with the C60?

Regards,

Dean.

I checked both scenarios.

In real scenario, I have  3x Cameras Conntected to the C 60 at the same time using Daisy Chaining .

Yasir Vistro

Yasir Vistro

Hi Yasir,

Are you able to see the camera getting detected in xstatus Camera 1?

Can you try run the Camera PositionSet commands on the codec and verify if the camera is moving. This would show and sure that the input from codec is reaching to the camera:

xCommand Camera PositionSet

CameraId(r): <1..7>

Pan: <-65535..65535>

Tilt: <-65535..65535>

Zoom: <0..65535>

Focus: <0..65535>

Once issueing these commands, the camera should move accordingly. Also please note that the IR on the Codec should be set to AUTO & IR on Camera should be set to ON.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Irshad Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a ready made control cable available from Cisco?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Irshad,

yes there is a cisco provided control cable and Daisy chain cables

CAB-VC-5M=  control cable

CAB-VCDC-6.5M=  daisy chain cable

Thanks

Ravi Kr.

Are you powering the camera only over the control cable, or are you powering it externally?

If you're trying to power the camera over a very long control cable, the voltage drop will be too much so things (such as the camera motor) don't always work properly.

The best fix is to add a power supply directly to each of the cameras in the chain and not rely on the control cable to power the camera.  We've successfully extended the control cables out to 20 metres doing this.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: