Views
Helpful
Replies

Camera preset activated by microphone audio level

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Team,

We have an environment with many C serie telepresence. Our customer is asking for a feature which we don't know if it is possible. They want to create many camera presets focusing especific position. Then associating this presets to the microphones, so that when the codec receives a certain amount of audio from a microphone, the preset associated with that microphone will be automatically actived, so the camera will focus that position.

We will basicly have camera presets following the audio sources, based upon the level of audio received in each microphone.

I have read many realase notes, admin guides and user guides to figure out something to achieve this feature, but I did not find anything.

Could you please tell if it is possible?

Thank you!

Regards

Paulo Souza

São Paulo - Brazil

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To my knowledge, this functionality is not availible natively on C-Series, however it can be achieved via external AV equipent.

It does present some issues however - when the camera is constantly moving between participants, it creates a "motion sickness" sort of effect for the remote end.  You are better off having multiple cameras and switching the input source - i.e. have 1 camera for each mic.

While the above is achievable with C-series and AV equipment, it would probably be cheaper (and better) to just get a CTS unit with multiple cameras (such as a TX1300) as the participant switching functionlity is native to these units.  My personal experience with highly customised AV solutions is that they often cause more problems than they solve.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

To my knowledge, this functionality is not availible natively on C-Series, however it can be achieved via external AV equipent.

It does present some issues however - when the camera is constantly moving between participants, it creates a "motion sickness" sort of effect for the remote end.  You are better off having multiple cameras and switching the input source - i.e. have 1 camera for each mic.

While the above is achievable with C-series and AV equipment, it would probably be cheaper (and better) to just get a CTS unit with multiple cameras (such as a TX1300) as the participant switching functionlity is native to these units.  My personal experience with highly customised AV solutions is that they often cause more problems than they solve.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: