Views
Helpful
Replies

Camera Preset , CE 8 firmware with TRC6 remote

Din Vui Chung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Recently have purchased few unit of SX2oN and can't find how the preset can be SET and Recall with TRC6 remote, anyone can assist? because during POC SX20 with TRC5 remote was used and also being told that no different between this two model. And camera preset is a must features. No touch control in this setup.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If you require the use of camera presets, a workaround is to downgrade to TC7 software. Although be aware that TC7 software is no longer being developed, only bug fixes and security vulnerabilities are being released with no new features being added. 

View solution in original post

If you absolutely must be able to activate different presets from a TRC remote control, then you really don't have much choice than to downgrade to the older TC software.

This is kind of the opposite way that things are going as everything is moving away from using a remote control and more in to using the Touch 10 for other options such as Room Control, or other devices to control the endpoint (See Proximity or Cisco Spark registration/integration).

Other options for your users to trigger presets and still keep CE on the endpoint would, as mentioned before, use a Touch 10 (but that's a good chunk of cost and extra space required in the room to hold it - but may be a better long term solution), use the web interface (make sure you limit the access your end users have so they don't change any other settings), or use the CLI to issue an appropriate xCommand, ie

xCommand RoomPreset Activate Preset ID: 1..15

Using the CLI method, you could have a PC in the room issue the command to change to the required preset, or some other hardware trigger the same.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

The unofficial response from the developers is along the lines of: no for any remote development currently, the new hardware does not support TRC, the focus is on the Touch interface.  So I suspect that the remote will be something that will become a thing of the past in the not too distant future.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

21 Replies 21

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You'll need to use the web interface if you want to use camera presets with the remote control, as there isn't an option in the UI to create or recall them unlike with the Touch 10.

The difference between using the TRC5 vs the TRC6 remote, is the TRC5 is used with TC software whereas the TRC6 is used with CE software, which has a more simple user interface with basic control of the endpoint, unlike compared to TC software.

Wayne, Patrick,  Thanks for the reply ! As I am dealing with VC/TP for the past 20 years and it is the first time I came across PTZ camera can't do preset with system remote. Will try out the web interface option as Touch 10 is too expensive as add on.

Do you recommend to downgrade SX20N to TC software with additional TRC5 remote, as preset is a MUST feature.

If you require the use of camera presets, a workaround is to downgrade to TC7 software. Although be aware that TC7 software is no longer being developed, only bug fixes and security vulnerabilities are being released with no new features being added. 

Wayne, Patrick, Thanks for the information, we will proceed to downgrade the software to TC.

If you absolutely must be able to activate different presets from a TRC remote control, then you really don't have much choice than to downgrade to the older TC software.

This is kind of the opposite way that things are going as everything is moving away from using a remote control and more in to using the Touch 10 for other options such as Room Control, or other devices to control the endpoint (See Proximity or Cisco Spark registration/integration).

Other options for your users to trigger presets and still keep CE on the endpoint would, as mentioned before, use a Touch 10 (but that's a good chunk of cost and extra space required in the room to hold it - but may be a better long term solution), use the web interface (make sure you limit the access your end users have so they don't change any other settings), or use the CLI to issue an appropriate xCommand, ie

xCommand RoomPreset Activate Preset ID: 1..15

Using the CLI method, you could have a PC in the room issue the command to change to the required preset, or some other hardware trigger the same.

Wayne
--

Wayne
--

Wayne, as a new admin for the SX20N - and being in the same boat as Din...

We don't have the touchpanel, but need to add a pre-set.

If I can do this from the web interface, would I just type in the Codec IP into a browser like I would for other admin settings, and click on the configuration menu?

Which option in the configuration menu gives this option?

More details for this very frustrated novice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you, Dolly Malcom   malcomda@ah.org

Without a touch panel or remote control, you'll need to use the API to create the camera presets, this can be done using the web interface under Integration > Developer API or with an SSH client.

xCommand Preset Store
xCommand Camera Preset Store

Preset Store saves the current position (pan and tilt), zoom and focus of the chosen camera, while Camera Preset Store saves the same information, but for ALL connected cameras plus the Video Input switcher settings.  The SX20 API Guides cover the commands in full, as well as other camera preset commands.

You can recall camera presets from the web interface under Call Control.

Thank you Patrick, that was very helpful. I found API in the configuration menu.

We really only need 1 preset, and for it to be automatic each time the device is used.

One thing that is not clear to me, or perhaps I just don't like what I am reading....

If I create a preset, when I turn the cameral on will it automatically go to that preset setting every time.

Or does the end user need to select the preset from the web browser in order to activate it?

If you want a camera preset to be the default for any particular camera when the system wakes up etc, you neet to set DefaultPosition to true with the following command:

xCommand Camera Preset Edit

Without setting DefaultPosition to true, than one would need to use the web interface or API to activate the camera preset.

Thank you Patrick, you have been a tremendous help! Much appreciated.

You can still use the remote to set the default camera position preset via the settings icon.

Wayne
--

Default camera position using remote control, that is great.

So only additional Pre-Set's need to be done in the API - got it.

How does the user in the patients room access the additional Pre-Sets. Can they access them with the remote or would they need to use the web?

The additional camera presets cannot be done currently under CE using the remote, so so the API will need to be used to create these.

They can be triggered from the Touch 10, web interface, or via the API as well (or by a third party control system interfacing to the API).

So, if you only have a remote, and no other way of controlling it, then the web interface may be your best option.

Wayne
--

Wayne
--

Is it the updated CE8 Firmware that is preventing the remote from setting presets, or the actual functionality of the remote control?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: