Views
Helpful
Replies

Camera PrivacyPosition when System is idle

t.svatek
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

Is there a way to leave the camera in PrivacyPosition when System (e.g. SX20) is idle?

Some users feel unpleasant when they are using the system as presentation device and and when the camera is pointing at them. They start to put the camera manually to the privacyposition which has destroyed several of our cams.

Thank you

Tino

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Tino,

When you say that the cameras have been destroyed due to the cameras being assigned to Privacy Position, I suppose that the users are putting the camera to standby mode and they are triggering the 4x Camera bug. Please confirm if that is correct. If yes, then I would recommend that you upgrade the codec and camera to the latest software to ensure that it does not hit the bug rather than find another alternative.

From what your issue looks like, there are two ways this can be achieved:

• Create Camera presets and assign them to a position which for eg might be right most or left most cornor so that they are not facing the users.
  • Use codec standby to make sure that the camera position is controlled. Following settings available for standby:

*c xConfiguration Standby WakeupAction: RestoreCameraPosition

*c xConfiguration Standby BootAction: DefaultCameraPosition

*c xConfiguration Standby StandbyAction: PrivacyPosition

These configurations can be modified as per your needs and you can see if following any of these steps you're able to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

View solution in original post

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Even if you're using the system as a presentation device and not a video conference, it won't know the difference.  You have to wake up the system either way to use it.  You could however use camera presets and call one of them "Give Presentation" and set the camera position to the PrivacyPosition.  That way when anyone would like to give a presentation, they select that preset and the camera is no longer pointing at them.

Hope this helps.

Haha - Mangus beat me to the camera preset option. 

If you do use the Standby WakeupAction, the downside is that like above I mentioned the system won't know if you're doing a presentation or video conference, so it could mean that you have to move the camera when you have a video conference.  Either way you go, you'll have to use the remove to either choose a camera preset, or move the camera by the remote.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Tino,

When you say that the cameras have been destroyed due to the cameras being assigned to Privacy Position, I suppose that the users are putting the camera to standby mode and they are triggering the 4x Camera bug. Please confirm if that is correct. If yes, then I would recommend that you upgrade the codec and camera to the latest software to ensure that it does not hit the bug rather than find another alternative.

From what your issue looks like, there are two ways this can be achieved:

• Create Camera presets and assign them to a position which for eg might be right most or left most cornor so that they are not facing the users.
  • Use codec standby to make sure that the camera position is controlled. Following settings available for standby:

*c xConfiguration Standby WakeupAction: RestoreCameraPosition

*c xConfiguration Standby BootAction: DefaultCameraPosition

*c xConfiguration Standby StandbyAction: PrivacyPosition

These configurations can be modified as per your needs and you can see if following any of these steps you're able to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir

It happened with the latest TC5.1.4.

As there is some more time to finish TC6 I will happy to see additional commands like

xConfiguration Idle Action: PrivacyPosition

Tino

hahaha

Tino, yes I would be happy to see that command. Why dont you let the dev team know that you're looking forward to something like this. Please contact your Accounts Manager and open a feature request. I hope it gets considered. :-)

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Even if you're using the system as a presentation device and not a video conference, it won't know the difference.  You have to wake up the system either way to use it.  You could however use camera presets and call one of them "Give Presentation" and set the camera position to the PrivacyPosition.  That way when anyone would like to give a presentation, they select that preset and the camera is no longer pointing at them.

Hope this helps.

Haha - Mangus beat me to the camera preset option. 

If you do use the Standby WakeupAction, the downside is that like above I mentioned the system won't know if you're doing a presentation or video conference, so it could mean that you have to move the camera when you have a video conference.  Either way you go, you'll have to use the remove to either choose a camera preset, or move the camera by the remote.

Thanks. Im aware of the camera preset workaround, but i think it´s a valid point from users sight, that they don´t want to look into the camera if they´re not in a video call.

Maybe there could be an feature enhancement in future, where I can set the camera position, if the system is not in a call and self view is turned of. (Features sound simple if you´re not the dev )