Views
Helpful
Replies

camerarescue command

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all!

Has the camera recovery command  been removed from TC6 software?  I've been trying to talk someone  through a camera recovery and the codec is not recognizing the  "systemtools camerarescue" command.  The codec is running TC6.1.2.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bryan Deaver
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Bob,

Yes, checking it appears that we did remove it.  You would need to run TC5.1.7 or TC6.0.1.

Now, if your customer is already running TC6.1.2, the camera firmware should already have the fix for preventing the camera from getting into the state where you would need the camerarescue command.

Bryan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Bryan Deaver
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Bob,

Yes, checking it appears that we did remove it.  You would need to run TC5.1.7 or TC6.0.1.

Now, if your customer is already running TC6.1.2, the camera firmware should already have the fix for preventing the camera from getting into the state where you would need the camerarescue command.

Bryan

Bryan, could you follow that up why it is not mentioned in the release notes that this api command is gone?

I saw that TC6 itself claims to fix CSCuc21521 (think there was still some bug fixed later).

but it sounds that there is a script, so maybe TC6 might fix that without the xcommand while

a reboot or there is a bash script which could be run as root?

From the TC6 release notes:

CSCuc21521 Script to upload PrecisionHD 1080p4x firmware image to camera to recover from CSCua44699 - Camera fails to boot due to checksum validation failure. 

So not sure how to interpret that as the TC5 release notes said:

New API command “systemtools camerarescue” that will recover 4x cameras that are stuck in the bootloader

The API command will shut down the main application, connect to the camera over serial and if the Precision HD 1080p 4xS1 is detected it will upload a new camera image to recover the camera. The system will be rebooted and the camera will be detected. CSCuc21521.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I was trying to figure out where we removed the command as well in our bug database but came up empty so far.

CSCua44699 is the camera firmware fix to prevent the camera from getting into this state.  CSCuc21521 is where we added the systemtools command as well as added some code in /apps/camera-rescuce.  Both are gone in TC6.1+.

Will see what I can dig up as to why (I can guess why) and when/where this was removed.

Bryan

Dharmesh Nandoria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I have checked with my codec and it seems this commnad is not available with TC 6.1.2.

systemtools ?

authorizedkeys

boothalt

license

network

pairing

passwd

pki

rootsettings

securitysettings

securitystatus

Try with TC 5.1.x or TC 6.0 It will work ,

hth

Kind regards,

Dharmmesh

Thank you Bryan and Dharmmesh for the speedy replies!

Yeah, after posting I had an opportunity to go through a couple of codecs looking for the command.  I had already asked the customer to either downgrade the codec or move the camera to a system with TC5.1.5/6/7 on it.  The codec that the camera in question was attached to did not start out with TC6.1.2 on it, so whatever fix is in the latest camera firmware was not able to make it on to the camera.

Thanks!

Following up on this, I have submitted CSCuh99733 to get this command back in again for later release of TC software.  The workaround though is as indicated to use an earlier release of TC software (latest TC5.x/TC6.0.x).

Clarification on my comment about "both are gone".  The fix for CSCua44699 to prevent the camera from getting into this state is still present in later TC software.  The "both" I was referring to was the camerarescue command as well as the /apps/camera-rescue software that allows the interactive access to the camera.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: