Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a capture card be used with Movi

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hi everyone!

A customer is trying to use a Sony E880 camera plugged into an Osprey 240E Capture Card with their Movi.  The capture card appears in the list of Video devices in Movi, but he can't see the video from the camera.  I'm inclined to think that this isn't a supported configuration, but I can't find any documentation as to whether the camera is the issue, or the capture card.  Unfortunately, the camera connects to the capture card via composite video, so there's no communication between Movi and the camera.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Never seen something like that before.

Not sure if even Movi can obtain the video from that camera.

Any other app is able to get  the video?

Skype, MSN chat, sIP communicator etc?

Found this

http://www.tandberg.com/support/video-conferencing-knowledge-base/faq-entries/cameras-tested-movi-377.jsp

The video can be seen by other applications. I had a talk with one of the TAC personnel, and their stance is only USB cameras are supported with Movi. So there you have it.

Thanks!

marrachart
Level 1
Level 1

Only USB camera's supported? Then what about the intergrated laptop camera's most people are using?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Yeah, those too I suppose. I guess it boils down to whether or not the camera is directly connected to the computer, as opposed to through another device like a capture card.

I tried with a USB Video Adapter (Composite -> USB) and i have the same symptom (device is listed in Movi but no video, with a msg "Movi can not connect to your camera").