Can a Cisco Webex Room Kit Pro connect to a zoom session

21 Replies 21

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, there are connectors out there.

https://zoom.us/roomconnector

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003126346-Zoom-Connector-for-Cisco

if someone else is hosting it correctly you should also be able to directly dial into the bridge.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, if you get the SIP URI for the Zoom session you want to join, you can dial that from the Cisco endpoint.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi there, I am looking for some information related to this thread. My company is looking at going to Zoom in the near future and I wanted to find out a few things that I have questions about?

First, if I am in the wrong area could you please direct me to a better location? If not, here are my questions.

Currently we have 30 rooms that are all running Cisco SX20 or SX80 codecs in concert with Crestron Control systems, mostly DMPS3-300-AEC. 

We are looking at removing all of these devices and replacing our aging SX codecs with Room kits in various configurations that we will be running Zoom on and registering to the Cloud.

As a part of that refresh, we would be decommissioning some of our current servers and I wondered how that would affect our ability to host meetings with multiple sites?

We have a number of meetings that happen regularly that include up to 15 rooms but everything I have read states that there is a 4 site limit without the inclusion of an MCU?

The servers we currently have running are:

• Cisco Video Communications Server Control (VCSC)
• Cisco Video Communications Server Expressway (VCSE)
• Cisco Telepresence Multimedia Conferencing Unit (MCUx2)
• Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Publisher, Subscriber and IM&P)
• Cisco Unified Communications Border Element (CUBE)
• Cisco Telepresence Meeting Scheduler and services(TMS, TMSXE, TMSPE)

The VCS servers are already pretty much out of the picture as we have migrated our endpoints and Jabber Clients to CUCM. Our thought is with Zoom we will be using Cisco/Polycom Room connectors with the codecs.

However, I am thinking that we have the ability to include more that 4 endpoints in our conferences due to the MCU servers we have. Am I correct?

If we removed the MCUs would we lose that ability? IS there a workaround?

Again, I apologize if I am in the wrong area.

Jon

Yes, you are correct, the "Cisco Telepresence Multimedia Conferencing Unit" is the device that is hosting your multi-party meetings on prem.  If you move to an external provider such as the Webex Cloud (or zoom) then your meetings could be hosted in the Cloud and not require your on-prem resources.  Keep in mind though each of the endpoints participating in the meeting will have their traffic traverse your WAN link to the Cloud instead of keeping it local, so while you may save in managing local infrastructure, you may end up with higher WAN bandwidth and traffic requirements.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Jon, 

The max number of video devices that can connect to a zoom meeting would be based on your Zoom H323 Room Connector Licensing, not your MCU.  When connecting a video room to Zoom, you shouldn't need to use the multipoint capability of the endpoint or the MCU.  If your video units are registered to a VCSc, calls would route out the VCSe to zoom.  If you're registered to CUCM, calls would route out of there to zoom.  Hope that helps.

Shelly Duea

Hi, does anyone know if the web engine on the webex room devices is ready to join zoom meetings using webrtc? I plan on testing this next week, using macros and ui customisation, I’m thinking of adding a button to the touch 10 which prompts user for zoom meeting id which then opens the browser and goes to zoom.com/<meeting id> (Or whatever the link to join from browser is)

Not really designed for that - it's more there for Digital Signage purposes than to work interactively.  You're better off using the native calling capability and dialling the meeting's URI (<meeting id>@zoom.com).

Wayne

So so with MS Teams in the current build though I would suggest the Pexip SIP gateway or the new Webex Video Integration. We have 60+ RoomKits & growing. SIP works very well with both Teams, Zoom & Bluejeans.

Jim - neither the Pexip gateway nor the Cisco CVI solution provides connectivity to Zoom meetings, that requires the Zoom room connector gateway service. With the Zoom CRC you don't need anything else - Zoom provides the gateway service/URI. BlueJeans (like Webex) supports SIP natively so it doesn't require any added service like Microsoft and Zoom do. 

Patrick, my response was specific to MS Teams. 

When I try dialing the SIP URI provided in the invite I only get a busy signal. I have been able to have Zoom dial out to our Webex codecs and the call seems normal except the Webex room is unable to share content to the Zoom meeting.

Devices:

Webex Cloud registered unit (SX-80 or Room Kit Pro)

The answer of getting  a "Zoom Connector" fixes the Zoom problem but now the Webex codec is no longer registered to our Webex cloud which provides a lot of benefits for Webex users.

What is the best sweet spot to support both?

Thanks!

It's easy & works well once you have CRC setup in Zoom.  Cisco calls meetingID@zoomcrc.com ( or meet@zoomcrc.com), follow the prompts. The dial string can be automated.

Works both native & via Expressway. How do your systems reach the Internet? Are the firewall rules correct? 

Hello, in our case we have a Cisco Room Kit (Software Ver. Ce 9.12) without a WebEx license.
Is there the possibility of connecting the Cisco Device in the H323 without Zoom Connectors and paid licenses when using Zoom in Free version?

Thanks to the availability

No, both must be licensed. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: