cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can CMS(Cisco Meeting Server) streaming by themselves without 3rd party?

wisit_jan
Level 1
Level 1

Can I config CMS streaming without 3rd party such as Vbrick? or Can I use VLC to open streaming direct from CMS?

Please see attach file that explain I think.

9 Replies 9

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CMS Streamer uses RTMP Push, so if VLC or third-party streaming solutions can support it, it should work.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your response.

I follow in cisco document that say only rtmp.

How to use RTSP for CMS Streaming?

Sorry, it's actually RTMP, here is an example on how to Configure and Troubleshoot CMS live streaming with VBrick DME, it should help with the configuration and how the streamer works.

Hi Patrick,

Can we config CMS streaming without any 3rd party(such as Vbrick, Wowza)?

Thank you.

I found some document of VLC

https://www.jpsaman.org/vlc/rtmp

"VLC connects directly to a RTMP streamer, such as Wowza, and does not listen for incoming requests. Thus it is not possible to view the RTMP stream directly from VLC. You need to connect to Wowza for viewing the stream. This can be done with VLC:"

So I think CMS need 3rd party RTMP streamer server for listen incoming streaming from CMS and then use VLC for watch streaming. CMS->3rd party -> VLC

Can't use VLC watch streaming direct from CMS.

I worked it with Wowza Streaming server

Hi @wisit_jan , 

Were you able to get CMS to stream without vBrick or other software used ? Youtube and facebook both supports RTMP streams, will it be possible to get it done ?

Hello, everybody.

Hi,Patrik. May be you could clarify what type of limitations exist using Streamer ?

Release Notes 2.1.8 section 2.3 Streaming meetings says it is possible to use this.

Vbrik is 3d party and it is paid.

I'm not aware of any limitations with the streamer.  VBrick Rev is the officially supported streaming solution with CMS.

VBrick Rev for Cisco Unified Communications Solutions Data Sheet

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: