cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I call a C20 codec directly with Movi?

Michael Murray
Level 2
Level 2

Is it possible to call a C20 endpoint to endpoint with a Movi client?

4 Replies 4

Irfan Ilyas
Level 1
Level 1

You should be able to call a C20 from Movi. Are you using the free cisco jabber or is this an internal movi solution through your tms and vcs setup.

please confirm if you are using tms legacy agent or provisioning extension mode.

I'm using the free jabber account

I'm not sure what tms legacy agent vs provisioning extension mode is. How do I determine that?

Thanks,

-mike

Michael Murray wrote:

I'm not sure what tms legacy agent vs provisioning extension mode is. How do I determine that?

Thanks,

-mike

Doesn't apply to you as you're using the "free" JabberVideo service, type of provisioning only comes into play when using the "enterprise" aka "om-prem" version which would be supplied and provisioned by your company/organisation.

As far as calling a C20 is concerned, yes you can do that - how you do it depends on whether or not the unit is registered with a SIP proxy or not, and, if it is, whether or not they have appropriate SRV records in place.

If they do, then you can use the URI format; Alias@domain, i.e. bob@mycompany.com, if they don't, then they need to have a public IP address and you can call this IP address by pre-fixing it so it'll look like something like this; c20@Public_IP_address, i.e. c20@123.45.678.9

You can put anything you like in front of the @ symbol.

Oh, and SIP must be enabled on the system, even if it's not registered to a SIP proxy.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: