cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I use Cisco SX80 without Gatekeeper and CUCM?

Bahlul Guliyev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Can anyone explain me the usage of Cisco SX80 Codec? I want to use it as standalone. Can I use this codec without registering on CUCM or Gatekeeper? 

Best Regards

Bahlul

3 Replies 3

Yes. You can setup and configure the SX80 as standalone without registering to any call control like CUCM or VCS.

SX80 as standalone will work as H323 endpoint and can be dialled or initiate a call using IP address.

You should move your post to TelePresence section as this is most discussed in that particular area.

regards,

Acevirgil

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you do a search in the TelePresence section of the forums for "SX20 Standalone" you will find various posts on how to configure the endpoint to work standalone without a call control server.  The SX20 and SX80 are similar, so you can use it to help you configure your SX80.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As mentioned by [@acevirgil.deocampo] and [@patrick.sparkman], yes, the SX80 (and other endpoints) can be used in a basic way without any call control.  They are designed to work with the call control, and the functionality and flexibility you get when you do so is greatly improved.

Also as mentioned, if you have other questions on this equipment, your questions would be better placed in the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are more actively discussed than in the Video Over IP section you have posted in.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.