Level 1
Level 1

Can i use CTS-CAM-P60 with SX20 ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Precision 60 is not supported with SX20.

/M

View solution in original post

As Mangus mentions, the Precision 60 camera isn't supported. However, if you simply want video via HDMI it will work, but camera control will not work as the SX20 uses a proprietary VISCA cable and the P60 camera uses ethernet.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Precision 60 is not supported with SX20.

/M

Thanks ,

As Mangus mentions, the Precision 60 camera isn't supported. However, if you simply want video via HDMI it will work, but camera control will not work as the SX20 uses a proprietary VISCA cable and the P60 camera uses ethernet.

While the Precision 60 camera will not work, you can use the PrecisionHD 12x Camera (CTS-PHD1080P12XS2=) which is quite similar in specifications.  

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

At this moment you can buy only SX20 (CTS-SX20-K9) unit without any cameras. Recommended cameras is EOS.

So it's not understable for what purposes selling SX20 unit if it doesnt support cameras like P60? Is it so difficult  for Cisco add feature for control new cameras via Ethernet?

Hi

P60 camera does not work with the SX20

An option could be take a look and contact these guys or Sony SRG-120DH.
http://support.vaddio.com/roboshot12-hdmi-cisco
Rgs
ashish

Response Signature

It's funny)). As you think Sony give me the same discount as Cisco))?
But the main question was - why Cisco sell standalone unit if there no cameras fo work with it? And my opinion in this situation that it will be right and logical to add support IP control for use current Cisco cameras.

Probably because they have lots of stock of the SX20 endpoints still available, but not many of the cameras.   The SX20 was one of their best sellers - I heard figures of over 120,000 of them sold worldwide over their long life span.  

In addition to the Sony cameras, there are vaddio cameras that will also work directly with the SX20.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.