cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can someone confirm - MX200 cannot use a LAN connected 8" touch controller

juriss
Level 1
Level 1

I have a brand new MX200 and would like to connect the 8" Touch remote via a LAN connection rather than a direct cabled connection to the MX200

I previously understood that the MX series could do LAN connected Touch tremotes like the C Series... apparently not

Can someone confirm this....   Is there an software enhancement request in place for LAN connect.

This is frustrating,,, essentially the same 8"Touch has multiple part number and works different on the EX, MX and C Series...  a bit of consistency

would be nice.   the MX series is desugned for Conf rooms and should have the 8" remote via LAN capability...

Can I use the power brick and 8" touch from a C Series and make it work on an MX200?

2 Replies 2

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

At least regards EX and C version its the shorter cable length for the ex90,

I would not like to have 7,5m cable on my desk, not sure whats the difference with the MX version.

It might have been easier if it would have been either a simple POE device or

the cables would have been more modular.

The ex also have a handset , the mx a long cable (not sure if you could

hook up a handset there).

The intention of a MX200 is to use it easy with plug and play in a small to medium size room,

there also the approach with the long cable and a direct physical connection incl power to

to the codec makes sense as well.

I did not try it and its on your own risk, but I could picture that the MX version works with

the power injector, maybe you hav to disable the secondary port.

I could also picture that the C Series version would work on it.

If you tried it and it did not work then it might not work. If you do not get a better answer,

talk to your Cisco partner or contact, maybe they can say something.

If you get additional info, please let us know here as well.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

There's mixed responses in the forums about whether you CAN use a LAN connected touch panel or NOT.

Best bet is to give it a try and see how you go.  Note: It may not be a "supported" solution.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate resposnes and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.