cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't control the SX20 Codec via the CTS-PHD1080P12XS2 with TRC5 remote. Need help troubleshooting

proziumwtf
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following hardware : 

SX20 Codec with firmware TC7.3.6.ea51021. The codec is connected to a CTS-PHD1080P12XS2 camera with a CAB-PHD4XS2-SPLIT cable. I have a TRC5 remote, which has to be compatible with the TC software The problem however is that I can not control the Codec with the remote via the Camera. The idea is that the camera's IR sensor will get the commands from the remote and pass them to the codec, but it doesn't seem to work for some reason. 

Whenever I press the arrows on the remote, the camera moves, when I press the Home button on the remote I can see the camera LED blinking ( it's constantly green and when I press the button it blinks, so it appears to get the signal ) but the command doesn't get through to the Codec. When I am directly above the Codec's IR sensor with the remote I can pass commands to it - I can browse the menu and so on. So the close-proximity IR on the codec works. But for some reason when I try to control the codec via the camera it doesn't work. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

If you can move the camera with the remote but not dial, hang up, etc, it looks like you don't have a serial connection between the camera and the codec. If you're in a call, can the far end control your camera? I'll bet it cannot. 

Read this post - the user had the exact same scenario, you'll probably need to create a custom cable. 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/telepresence-and-video/cab-phd4xs2-split/td-p/2712484