Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't dial number with dash in SX10

hxmengmetro
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have setup SX10 7.3.1 with CUCM 9.1.2. When I pull the AD information and click the phone number to dial, the SX10 can't make call with number like +1-123-4567890@xxx.com. When I manually punch in +1234567890, it works just fine. Any idea how I can dial the number with dash? I'm thinking if we can get rid of dash when we sync AD in CUCM with the filter then TMS adds CUCM resource so we can remove the dash but that requires some work.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Lou

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A dash may be part of a normal SIP URI, so it's valid that the endpont is trying to dial the number as you've typed it, with the dash in it.  So, you've really only got a couple of options:

1: Get rid of the dash in the AD source you're pulling the information from in the first place.

2: Do some filtering in your CUCM to match the pattern you're dialling to remove the dashes.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne. To correct AD, it will take time. How to use CUCM to match the pattern? It does have some consistent pattern. I was thinking about LDAP filter but that's not designed for this. Thought about application dial rule or SIP dial rule. Looks like not working for this. SIP route pattern?

Thanks a lot.

Lou

You'd need to do some sort of regex search/replace - I'm not sure how to do this on a CUCM as I don't have one here (we're using VCSes for our Call Control).

You'd do something like search for: \+(.+)\-(.+)\-(.*)\@xxx\.com

and replace with: \+(\1)(\2)(\3)

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

That's what I did with transformation in vcs but I can't find similar function I can use in CUCM. 

Lou

Yes, as I mentioned baove, that was for a VCS, either a Transform, or preferably a Search Rule.  I don't know if you can configure similar in CUCM.

It may end up easier just scripting an LDAP update to your AD to fix all the numbers.

Wayne
--

Wayne
--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: