Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't mute microphone 1 on SX10 TC7.2.0

Morning!

Here we have a SX10 recently upgraded to TC7.2.0, both microphones are working perfectly but the problem we are having is we can't mute the microphone 1 (the internal one), we need to mute it because the codec is just under a screen with the speakers pointing to the codec.

I tried to mute it at 'Configuration > System Configuration > Audio > Input Microphone 1 Mode > Off' but is not working even after restart the device.

I tried to mute it by CLI with the command 'xconfiguration Audio Input Microphone Mode: Off' but is not working.

Can someone give me a hand with this problem?

Best regards and thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello - I just tested this with TC7.2.0 released software.  The build number is TC7.2.0.aea6651.

I tested in a call, and used the web interface Configuration > System Configuration > Audio > Input Microphone 1 Mode > Off

I tested it both with a Table Mic 20, and without.  In both cases, the internal mic was turned off successfully by the web interface, and turned back on successfully.

In order to verify this, I tapped both microphones with my fingernail.  The location of the internal mic is just to the lower right of the camera as you are looking at the front of the SX10. It shares the location with the IR sensor.

I could easily hear the tapping of my fingernail through the speakers of the other system that I was calling.  Turn "Microphone 1 Mode: Off" and I could not hear the tapping.  Turn "Microphone 1 Mode: On" and I could hear the tapping very well.

So I believe this is working correctly.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It appears that the internal microphone and external microphone port are tied together.  Which can explain why you're seeing the issue you're seeing, as when they unmute the external microphone it will also unmute the internal one as well.  I don't see a workaround for this, as there is only one set of audio configurations on the codec, which also supports the theory that the microphones are tied together (internal and external).

Hello - I just tested this with TC7.2.0 released software.  The build number is TC7.2.0.aea6651.

I tested in a call, and used the web interface Configuration > System Configuration > Audio > Input Microphone 1 Mode > Off

I tested it both with a Table Mic 20, and without.  In both cases, the internal mic was turned off successfully by the web interface, and turned back on successfully.

In order to verify this, I tapped both microphones with my fingernail.  The location of the internal mic is just to the lower right of the camera as you are looking at the front of the SX10. It shares the location with the IR sensor.

I could easily hear the tapping of my fingernail through the speakers of the other system that I was calling.  Turn "Microphone 1 Mode: Off" and I could not hear the tapping.  Turn "Microphone 1 Mode: On" and I could hear the tapping very well.

So I believe this is working correctly.

Oops, looks like I misread the original issue, thought they were using an external microphone since the original post mentioned "both microphones" were working.  In either case, I can confirm what econeder has posted above, as I was able to turn off the microphone without issues using the remote, web interface, and CLI.

Morning,

The point is when I turn off the microphone 1 on the website it's not working, even on the CLI.

At 'Configuration > Peripherals > Microphones > Start VU Meter' there you can see the intensity of the sound on both microphones and when you speak on the room both are working at the same time.

Reading the TC7.2.0 says you cannot downgrade it to a lower version like TC7.1.X

So, any idea guys?

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi

Configuration > System Configuration > Audio > Input Microphone 1 Mode > Off

This will "turn off" the internal microphone, not the external one. Even though if you mute your microphone the microphone still picks up audio signals which is reflected in the VU meter. This is necessary for a few features to work properly. I.e trigger "Microphone muted" messages and echo cancelling to mention a couple.

What kind of problems are you experiencing when you shut off the microphone input? Or are you just wondering why the VU meters are still detecting audio signals? The simple answer is that it is by design. But if you are experiencing problems that is degrading user experience I would like to know the details on this.

/Magnus

Hi 

Do we have any document of sx10 internal mic range as one of the customer does not want to pay for extra mic and use only internal 

The specified distance for the internal mic is up to nine feet or three meters.

As stated previously, the VU Meter in the web interface will always show the microphone signal, even if it is turned off.  This is normal.

Do we have any document of this range.

We are using SX10 codec & we need to use a balance line signal out from Biamp Nexia DSP as a Mic input to this codec. We are connecting 3 mics in Nexia DSP & mix Balance out will go to Mic In of SX10 codec for far end participants. 

The 4 pin connector pinout given by cisco is 1, 2, 3, 4 = T, R1, R2, S = Hot+, Cold-, Mic control, Ground respectively.

We are using 4 pin connector with the signal Hot+, Cold- , Ground as pins 1, 2, 4 respectively. We are not using pin 3 as Mic control for Mute/Unmute button. 

By using this connection we are not able to get audio at far end. 

Do we need to short pin 3 & 4 for grounding Mic control to work this?

If we use External Mic of Cisco, it works fine.

Please share the solution..

Hello - since the SX10 is a plug and play settop unit at low cost, Cisco does not support integration with 3rd party microphone systems. It is similar to the EX90 in this regard. 

It will work only with the internal mic, or the Table 20 microphone.

To support third party microphone systems, a minimum of an SX20 is required. The SX20 has features that are necessary for 3rd party audio DSP integration, such as the ability to turn the echo cancelers off, adjust input gain, and turn off noise suppression. The SX10 does not have these features.

As of CE8, the SX10 supports third party microphones. In CE8.1, there are echo canceler and noise reduction, in addition to gain controls. It is identical to the SX20 in this regard. 

SX10 Mic In External Signal

Audio Signal is Tip & Ring 1

Audio won't pass unless 100 R + 360 R resistors are connected between Ring 2 & Sleeve

How Many watts are the resistors?

thank your for your help

The power is very low. 

The resistors can be 1/4 W 

= 0.25 W 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: