cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Upload .pkg File to TMS

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I tried to upload the TC6 software package to TMS (14.1.1), but according to the software manager page when I try to upload it, I get the following message.

Illegal file extension. Only files with the following extension(s) are legal: .dmg, .exe, .gz, .pkg, .zip

Anyone else come accross this?

3 Replies 3

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Had that problem in the past so stopped trying to upload any software packages using the Software Manager.

I instead open a RDP session and copy the package from my HDD to TMS server;

Program Files\TANDBERG\TMS\wwwTMS\Public\Data\Software

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Yeah, that's what I typically do, since we have two redundant TMS servers.  I noticed one TMS server downloaded the .pkg file, but the other didn't.  So I figured I'd try to upload it via the web real quick before going through RDP.  No big issue, just thought it was strange and never noticed it before when I had uploaded some other software packages way back in the past.

My TMS server downloaded the package - or so it said... however, the upgrades failed and when I checked the downloaded package it was found to have the size of a big fat 0  - so downloaded it manually and re-applied the upgrade - this time it was all good.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: